Inside Series S

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 09, 2020, 01:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Lmao^^

I dont see how anyone could look at that GPU and RAM and expect it not to holdback PS5 and XSX
series s will probably make or break xbox.   i can see a situation where it does really well and propels xbox back to the top if it can convience the people that typically buy hardware in years 2-4 (post price drops) to pick up an xbox in year 1.  i can also see a situation where it does nothing to improve xbox's sales ratio with playstation and starting in the second half of the gen ps5 starts getting 3rd party exclusives easily because developers don't think it's worth doing the port to series s when it has a low user base.

i'm all over the place on this one.  i just can't see who the hell wants this thing and yet the internet is abuzz with people praising it's sliced bread status.  i can't decide if that will translate to real customers or if it is just xbsx customers hoping for xbox to win against ps5.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i have a game night date with one of my best friends on thursdays.  I told him about the series s and his reaction was "what are they trying to do be the next nintendo?  i'm pretty sure nintendo has a lock on the audience that tolerates last gen hardware."

i lol'd.
Will Series S be a Wii or a Wii U? Only time will decide.

Xevross

If PS5 digital is 399 that gives series S a much harder battle.

kitler53

Will Series S be a Wii or a Wii U? Only time will decide.

well if console naming confusion is anything to go on then definitely a wiiU...

Legend

well if console naming confusion is anything to go on then definitely a wiiU...
That reminds me. Was googling "one x release date" the other day and Google's "People also asked" section kinda backs up that fear.

Top google search is "Is there a new Xbox coming out in 2020?"

Others are "Which Xbox is best?", "What is the new Xbox called?", "Which Xbox should I buy 2020?"

It is absolutely not a problem if Microsoft markets the systems properly, but it's a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

kitler53

That reminds me. Was googling "one x release date" the other day and Google's "People also asked" section kinda backs up that fear.

Top google search is "Is there a new Xbox coming out in 2020?"

Others are "Which Xbox is best?", "What is the new Xbox called?", "Which Xbox should I buy 2020?"

It is absolutely not a problem if Microsoft markets the systems properly, but it's a lot more complicated than it needs to be.
true that.

hell, there is a xbox one x and a xbox one s already.   they could have just called this the xbox series 2x and series 2s.   would have helped out with the acknowledgement this isn't the first in the line of s and x hardware.

Go Up