NeoGAF - View Single Post - 30min PSVR technical presentation (Feb.2016)
Dr.Richard Marks had a talk about PSVR at the Vision AR/VR Summit last week. The video has now been released online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZVVs5O8NC0 Some details as I watch:
Here's a video of the 'Disc Battle' demo that had an hardware error during PSX keynote (here's how it is when working): https://youtu.be/XZVVs5O8NC0?t=1601
- *<18ms super low latency thanks to fixed hardware.
- 100degree FOV.
- Console effectively ~60% more powerful than same-spec PC (as reported by middleware providers, not Sony).QuoteOriginally Posted by Dynablast
Same story from a VR developer on Reddit:"PSVR is extremely close to being on par with Vive and the Rift w/ a gtx970 based on the tests I've done. The team from Epic (Nick & Tom) have also stated the same in at least one of their VR Twitch streams. If your app runs at 90Hz on a PC with a gtx970 then you should be very close to 60 on the ps4. And with the 120Hz reprojection applied it's glassy smooth."
- Reprojection was previously on as an option but now Sony has made it permanently on as it has no down-sides (contra keeping it off).
- The breakout box doesn't touch the signal between the PS4 and the PSVR, just takes it post and warps it for TV. The only thing it feeds to the PSVR is the 3D audio which it *does* process. No PS4 GPU/CPU cycles spent on Audio.
- Reconfirms that the only new hardware is the PSVR hmd itself, the rest is what's already in the market (PS4 camera, PS Move, DS4).