PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Is there a limit to how many trophies the devs can put set by Sony?
There's not a limit on number of trophies, but there's a value assigned to each trophy. Developers must balance out the trophies that are available to stay within an overall value based on whether the game is considered large-scope or small-scope. Essentially, a user that has unlocked every trophy in one game would have the same level as a user that unlocked every trophy in another title, all titles (depending on scope) have the same overall impact on a users' level.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/30/firmware-v240-faq/

And the trophy breakdown:
Bronze: 15
Silver: 30
Gold: 90
Platinum: 180

Rorono

Exactly. The Order has around 1200 like most retail releases. Same points.

Btw @Pezus doesn't quite answer what we talked about but on the new video I saw that the Arc Gun's "clip" consists of 6 shots/charges, as seen in the HUD. No idea how often ammo will be replenished though

the-pi-guy

Still a month away from The Order.  Hope its good.   :D

darkknightkryta

Is there a limit to how many trophies the devs can put set by Sony?
There's not a limit on number of trophies, but there's a value assigned to each trophy. Developers must balance out the trophies that are available to stay within an overall value based on whether the game is considered large-scope or small-scope. Essentially, a user that has unlocked every trophy in one game would have the same level as a user that unlocked every trophy in another title, all titles (depending on scope) have the same overall impact on a users' level.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/30/firmware-v240-faq/

And the trophy breakdown:
Bronze: 15
Silver: 30
Gold: 90
Platinum: 180

Does this work in practice though?  Cause my level skyrocketed with Arkham City, which was the majority silver vs any other title I've completed before hand.

the-pi-guy

Does this work in practice though?  Cause my level skyrocketed with Arkham City, which was the majority silver vs any other title I've completed before hand.

Arkham City had 1230 points.  Perhaps DLC?  Or perhaps did you platinum it? 
34*15+15*30+90+180

DD_Bwest

yea it works in practice,  you also gotta remember that at certain levels the amount of needed points jumps by alot.   i think its 12-13 that you see a huge difference in the amount you need per level.

the-pi-guy

There's been a few games that I felt jumped me up quite a bit, but those were the few games that I either got platinum or got a lot into it. 

Xevross

Looks like I'll be platting it too. I need to try and get the DA: I plat beforehand and I'm still yet to finish GTA V and AC Unity. Such games!

BananaKing

That trailer. Was sooo good!!! Now im hyped more for the game. Its gold, time to tell us how long it is. Maybe somebody can ask them on twitter?

Rorono

Jan 17, 2015, 11:56 AM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2015, 12:02 PM by Rorono
I think it's fair to assume it's not shorter than 8 hours and not longer than 15 hours.

Wonder how many weapons there are. Think i've spotted 10 so far

Pistol
Machinepistol
M2 Falchion (AR with concussion ability)
Thermite Rifle
Arc Gun
Coach Gun
Crossbow
Bolt Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Something that looks similar to a Tommy Gun in the new trailer (some kind of SMG maybe)

Pretty sure there's at least one me "science weapon" we haven't seen. Or more.

Dr. Pezus

I haven't got a single platinum. Beat that.
Maybe I should buy TWD season 2 for a free plat

Dr. Pezus

I think it's fair to assume it's not shorter than 8 hours and not longer than 15 hours.

Wonder how many weapons there are. Think i've spotted 10 so far

Pistol
Machinepistol
M2 Falchion (AR with concussion ability)
Thermite Rifle
Arc Gun
Coach Gun
Crossbow
Bolt Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Something that looks similar to a Tommy Gun in the new trailer (some kind of SMG maybe)

Pretty sure there's at least one me "science weapon" we haven't seen. Or more.
I'd put the range at 7-11 hours personally

Dr. Pezus

That trailer. Was sooo good!!! Now im hyped more for the game. Its gold, time to tell us how long it is. Maybe somebody can ask them on twitter?
The hell are you talking about?

Rorono

Jan 17, 2015, 12:50 PM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2015, 12:52 PM by Rorono
That's weak sauce! you should try to get the Transistor plat, it's fairly easy.

banana is talking about this

Focus on the footage and forget some of the stupid stuff said by players lol

Dr. Pezus

That's weak sauce! you should try to get the Transistor plat, it's fairly easy.
I considered it but it just isn't worth it imo. I could spend that time playing other games which I'd enjoy a lot more than collectathons

Go Up