PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

I would rather Athena be used to start a new conflict with a different set of gods or maybe something entirely different. I really don't think another game about Greek mythology will get people excited. A lot more things make a game than just setting, but a lot of people I spoke to were just done with the whole Greek thing after the third console game. The story is more or less tied up. dang near everyone of note in Greek mythology was murdered. Athena is really the only one left but she's technically dead. You can easily fit her into a story that has nothing to with Olympus and then end the baby in the same game. I just worry that if Santa Monica shows us the same general setting we've now seen in six God of War of games that people will just go, "Oh. It's just another God of War game with a Greek tragedy, an incredibly macho murderous womanizer, and all the stuff that comes with the period". I'm with Banana though. If you can give me a game about fighting divine beings and gigantic monsters with tons of brutal deaths and some bare female skin... sign me up.

I never said they shouldn't or won't go into other mythologies, I Just said there's enough for one last game.  Whether that means it leads into Egypt, for instance, or not.  No clue.