PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aura7541

The second tweet is interesting. Helldivers was initially a downloadable title, but will have a physical release later this month. Hopefully, this becomes a thing because I like this sort of meritocratic system. I especially want Rime to get a physical release.

BananaKing

^^

yeah that is interesting. if Everybodys Gone to the Rapture does get a physical release we will know that means it sold pretty darn well. i wonder if we can consider this a metric for a digital game to be a success as well.

Kerotan

Gives me great hope we will see rocket league on disc for ps4. If they were smart they'd release it this fall.

Aura7541

Gives me great hope we will see rocket league on disc for ps4. If they were smart they'd release it this fall.
The problem with Rocket League is that it's published by Psyonix, not SCE.

Helldivers and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are published by SCE. Same applies to Rime, Wild, Shadow of the Beast, and The Tomorrow Children.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aura7541

Everyone gone to rapture is sitting at a 78 thankso to a 40 troll review.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic
It's still higher than what I expected. I thought it was going to be panned for being a "walking simulator", so I'm really happy to see most reviewers liking it.

The Verge gave the game a very positive review. The reason why its score isn't counted in Metacritic is because it doesn't give scores. Here is its concluding paragraph:

Rapture and its ilk aren't for everybody. There are plenty of people who will find themselves bored by simply walking around a quiet, empty village waiting to hear what happened next. But if you're like me, you'll find yourself hooked. Some of my favorite video game moments are when nothing is really happening at all -- when I can sit on a swing and listen to music in Life is Strange, or when I'm walking down a deserted highway, watching a Las Vegas sunrise in Fallout. They're not just peaceful moments, but ones that are unique to games; they make you feel like you're in a real place, one where even small moments can have real meaning. Rapture is a game that's made entirely of those moments, and it's amazing.

Kerotan

The problem with Rocket League is that it's published by Psyonix, not SCE.

Helldivers and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are published by SCE. Same applies to Rime, Wild, Shadow of the Beast, and The Tomorrow Children.
They could always offer to publish it for them or just straight up ask and encourage it.  

A $20 release with Sony getting 7$ and the publisher getting 10$ would be perfect.  

Could sell a lot this holiday.

Aura7541

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture now has a 76 rating on Metacritic.

Edit: The average increased to 77. Not bad at all.

Xevross

Mmm_fish_tacos

Im downloading Everybody's Gone to the Rapture right now. I'll stream it after work tomorrow if anyone wants to tune in to check the game out.

Legend

Aura7541

77, not bad.

When it was first announced, I expected a 90+ though.
When The Chinese Room began showing gameplay footage of their game, I knew that it was going to get polarizing opinions. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. The Verge, IGN, and Eurogamer liked the game, but others, like Jim Sterling, did not.

kitler53

Im downloading Everybody's Gone to the Rapture right now. I'll stream it after work tomorrow if anyone wants to tune in to check the game out.
i'd like a review.  i'm kind of really interested in it and kind of really afraid i'll hate it.  a review from someone i trust would be appreciated.  even just the bullet points of what's good, what's bad, and what kind of gamer will enjoy the title.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

Xevross

Go Up