PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

shame went down at around Naughty Dog and Santa Monica around the time he left.  My assumptions aren't based on nothing.  Plus Kuturagi stepped down, doesn't mean he wasn't pressured to leave.  Uncharted 3's story wasn't good.  It literally explained nothing.  I still have no idea what that old lady was after.  Nor do the explain what made the water at psychedelic or how it would be used.  It was poor writing on Amy's end as she was almost solely in charge of 3's story vs the first two which Neil helped write.  Will I discredit anything she did/does?  Hells no she help make Soul Reaver.  But that's not to say something wasn't a miss with Uncharted 3, or if anything was going wrong with Uncharted 4 (Which I suspect there was).  Whether it falls on her or not, we'll probably never know.  Nor will we probably ever find out why she really left.
U3's story was weird, but man did they have some great high notes! The scene with Nate at Elena's room was so great at expressing emotion. Took tlou to do even better. Plus the set pieces were sweet! The plane omg!!! By far the greatest action scene in any game ever. Cruise scene was amazing too!

But back to the story, yeah :(
The urn was what made the water sour. Everyone was getting poisoned from it. Margo and Talbot made no flipping sense though, plus cutler was just written out half way through. I also really disliked that it lacked supernatural things. Uncharted 1 had zombies that ended up being not zombies but still mythical. Uncharted 2 had yetis that ended up being not yetis but still magical. While uncharted 3 had fire demons that ended up as just hallucinations. Bummer.