Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Gaming Community / Re: Controversial thread: Is $...
Last post by Legend - Today at 05:33 PM
A great game at $70 is fine. Just sucks that the microtransaction curse infects most $70 games too.
$70 sucks, and it's getting a lot of attention.

But is it the worst monetization scheme in the gaming industry?

There are games that are packed with literally $1,000's worth of microtransactions. There are lots of practices to me that feel a lot more predatory. Some of them seem to be becoming more common, and yet they seem largely more accepted than $70 games.
Gaming Community / Re: PlayStation Studios Develo...
Last post by kitler53 - Today at 05:08 PM
I just wish they would have gone a different license model.  

I"d be more interested in an expanding library of games permanently added to ps+ instead if the gamepass rental model. 

losing games after a few months kills the service to me.  this is far more important than day-1 to me. 

I'd also be more interested in convince services.   the 1-hour demo is a great idea.  I wanted my entire library to be available via the cloud for when I'm traveling. 

classics as the high their is looking worthless to me. 
totally called for. 
Gaming Community / Re: PlayStation Studios Develo...
Last post by Legend - Today at 04:49 PM
Ps+ Should have looked beyond gamepass as a competitor. It should have been tiers yes.
Ps+ essential (same as it is now)
Ps+ extra (catalogue of games + the classic games)
PS+ ultimate - all the games catalogues + TV shows/movies/anime.

Netflix and amazon want to get into games. Sub services are expanding. Sony has an opportunity to compete with netflix and amazon on the sub front. And PS productions can have a more oriented and focused goal
That's a good idea.

Sony really needs something to put pressure on Microsoft, instead of just playing catchup.
Are we sending Bruce Willis with a big drill? Because that has always seemed like the most logical plan humanity has ever came up with
That'd be stupid.

Need to send Steve Buscemi too.

Can we blast Phil Spencer and his smug face into an asteroid?
I'm frustrated with their Activision comments but that's a bit uncalled for  :P
Housemarque
Bluepoint
Firesprite
Nixxes
Valkyrie Entertainment
Bungie
Haven
Savage Game Studios

Since June 2020, Sony has announced:
God of War
Wolverine
Spiderman 2
MLB The Show 21
MLB The Show 22
Horizon Call of the Mountain
The Last of Us Remake
The Last of Us factions
Several PC ports
Uncharted Remaster
Ghost of Tsushima PS5

It almost manages to feel like they've announced more acquisitions than new games.

I wonder a lot about what they're doing. They announced like 9 PS games at the June 2020 showcase and there has been a similar number since then.

A big decline in partnerships. We did get two more this past month (Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin). But those are the only ones they've announced since Death Stranding DC.
At least in terms of games Sony is publishing.

Are we going to see a decent sized show like the June one again? Or is Sony favoring more frequent 20-30 minute State of Plays?

Sony has seen an insane amount of growth through acquisitions and frankly internally. But it doesn't quite feel like they've done enough. I have to imagine that they're doing a lot of planning with the Activision acquisition underway. Perhaps they will wait until that looks like it will close though for anything big.  

While I'm blabbering on about this stuff.  Should Sony have made PS+ Extra/Premium something else? It feels like they launched a Gamepass competitor and yet it hardly gets mentioned. It feels like very little has changed with it being part of the PS+ banner.
Ps+ Should have looked beyond gamepass as a competitor. It should have been tiers yes.
Ps+ essential (same as it is now)
Ps+ extra (catalogue of games + the classic games)
PS+ ultimate - all the games catalogues + TV shows/movies/anime.

Netflix and amazon want to get into games. Sub services are expanding. Sony has an opportunity to compete with netflix and amazon on the sub front. And PS productions can have a more oriented and focused goal
Can we blast Phil Spencer and his smug face into an asteroid?
Oh. Well I'll keep posting them!

Gonna be fun to see. For the first time in human history, we have the ability to protect Earth from space rocks.

(This is a really small test, but still)
Are we sending Bruce Willis with a big drill? Because that has always seemed like the most logical plan humanity has ever came up with
Off-Topic Community / Re: TV Show Thread
Last post by BananaKing - Today at 11:15 AM
That's really the issue. He terrifies me.
Thats whats awesome with him. He is so strong, but so fragile mentally. Theoretically one sentence can be the difference between him being subdued and calming down, to him ranging and brining on the armageddon right then and there.

The more the show goes on, the more he realises people around him arent supporting him but using him, and he has been getting rid of them one by one. But the more he does that, the closer he gets to snapping.
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10