Based in Colorado
Forged Odyssey is an action rpg/immersive sim built exclusively for next gen. The game will be officially revealed later this year.
Until then, this website covers raw development as it happens. Screenshots are not a representation of final quality and features may change rapidly.
- An epic adventure with nearly infinite player freedom, set in a living fantasy world.
- The world does not reset when out of view. Every action, from smashing pottery to killing a passerby, is permanent.
- The world is not static. Seasons change, living beings age, and people experience their lives all without the player's involvement.
- Choices are not an illusion. The world reacts meaningfully to even the smallest actions. The player is never restricted by cutscenes or limited options.
- The world is not artificial. Every door leads to an explorable room and every kingdom is powered by a functioning economy.
Development started with a text based asynchronous mmo in 2016. This game was community driven and pioneered a full background simulation, with every NPC and player powering the economy through their actions.
In early 2019, VizionEck LLC started developing a single player sequel with RTS gameplay and visuals. This game was focused on expanding the background simulation 100 fold, including advanced NPC emotions, thoughts, memories, and communication. Development progressed rapidly but for many playstyles the gameplay was too passive.
In the second half of 2019 this concept was reworked into a first/third person RPG, merging the advanced background simulation with engaging combat and exploration. Forged Odyssey entered full production shortly after that.
There are currently no trailers available for Forged Odyssey. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
About VizionEck LLC
VizionEck LLC is a solo studio run by Mike Armbrust. He makes whatever he's passionate about, and he cannot be trusted with release dates.
Multiple projects are in various stages of development, but Hapax has been the studio's primary focus since 2013.
More information on VizionEck LLC, our logo, & relevant media are available here.