Oh yeah, Shenmue 3 released

Started by Hailey, Dec 02, 2019, 07:34 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hailey

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Glancing through the reviews:
-fans will love it.
-those who aren't already fans wont.  

Xevross


Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Dec 02, 2019, 08:52 PMIt did release, yes...
I've been so out of it this past month.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

Quote from: Legend on Dec 02, 2019, 09:38 PMI've been so out of it this past month.
Well to be fair, it wasn't that hard to miss Shenmue 3. Seems like the definition of average, if you weren't one of those people looking forward to it then you'd be forgiven for completely forgetting it existed.

Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Dec 02, 2019, 10:10 PMWell to be fair, it wasn't that hard to miss Shenmue 3. Seems like the definition of average, if you weren't one of those people looking forward to it then you'd be forgiven for completely forgetting it existed.
Such a missed marketing opportunity. Was one of the most talked about games within hardcore circles a few years ago yet now it's mostly irrelevant apparently.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

Quote from: Legend on Dec 02, 2019, 11:38 PMSuch a missed marketing opportunity. Was one of the most talked about games within hardcore circles a few years ago yet now it's mostly irrelevant apparently.
I disagree. It was talked about a lot but people who aren't hardcore fans of the series were never going to buy this game. Most of the conversation was just about the reactions that fans were having to the announcement. As soon as that all died down nobody has cared. I don't think there's anything they could have done differently, apart from making the game very differently that is.

Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Dec 02, 2019, 11:43 PMI disagree. It was talked about a lot but people who aren't hardcore fans of the series were never going to buy this game. Most of the conversation was just about the reactions that fans were having to the announcement. As soon as that all died down nobody has cared. I don't think there's anything they could have done differently, apart from making the game very differently that is.
Shenmue 3 could have been an Uncharted 2 equivalent (to a much much smaller extent) where the game is still great for existing fans but primarily brings in new players. You're right that the game would have needed to be different to achieve this, since practically all the general hype about the game disappeared as more of the game was revealed.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

darkknightkryta

I have my copy.  Still sealed.  Will play when I finish 2.  My friend, who has the Pheonix mirror tattooed to his shoulder, is loving it.

SWORDF1SH

I was a backer on kickstarter. No urge to claim download code though.

Hailey

Quote from: SWORDF1SH on Dec 04, 2019, 06:14 PMI was a backer on kickstarter. No urge to claim download code though.
That's a pretty damning review!  :o
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

SWORDF1SH

Quote from: Legend on Dec 04, 2019, 06:19 PMThat's a pretty damning review!  :o
Honestly, no urge to play anything. My spare time is taken up by Dreams