PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'm kind of joking of course, if they have two teams and want to make a different game then that's fine. I would rather they had a heavier focus on horizon than do that though.
I think it's best what they are doing. Wouldn't want two teams to be dedicated to making Horizon games.  They'd probably get stale that way.  

A new IP would be excellent.  
Also Killzone is kind of dead, I'm not sure it could ever sell well.
To be honest, I don't think it's very meaningful to look back at the Killzone sales.  

Naughty Dog exploded from Uncharted 1 to 4.  The first game sold a fraction of what the 4th one did.  And it took years to get there.  In the end it became a billion dollar franchise, but at the start it wasn't much bigger than Killzone.

SIE as a whole has blown up in the past 6 years or so.  

I bet if a good Killzone game came out today, it'd sell double what Shadow Fall did.

Xevross

Jan 10, 2021, 01:14 AM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2021, 01:17 AM by Xevross
I think it's best what they are doing. Wouldn't want two teams to be dedicated to making Horizon games.  They'd probably get stale that way. 

A new IP would be excellent.  To be honest, I don't think it's very meaningful to look back at the Killzone sales. 

Naughty Dog exploded from Uncharted 1 to 4.  The first game sold a fraction of what the 4th one did.  And it took years to get there.  In the end it became a billion dollar franchise, but at the start it wasn't much bigger than Killzone.

I bet if a good Killzone game came out today, it'd sell double what Shadow Fall did.
Yeah it probably could but I don't think its a sure thing, the shooter market is extremely saturated and its not what Sony are known for. Pretty much everything that exploded in sales for SIE was their traditional third person story-driven games, I think its far from a guarantee that a game like Killzone would see an increase.

I would prefer a new IP to a new Killzone game, but I wouldn't be upset with either, as long as we knew it was a new second team making it and Horizon was still in full swing.

I'm just not big in first person games, I will always prefer third person and other camera views, and Killzone as an FPS never felt great to me, if I want to play a traditional 6v6 online FPS on PS5 I'll just get COD, like most people would.

kitler53

I think it's best what they are doing. Wouldn't want two teams to be dedicated to making Horizon games.  They'd probably get stale that way.  

A new IP would be excellent.  To be honest, I don't think it's very meaningful to look back at the Killzone sales.  

Naughty Dog exploded from Uncharted 1 to 4.  The first game sold a fraction of what the 4th one did.  And it took years to get there.  In the end it became a billion dollar franchise, but at the start it wasn't much bigger than Killzone.

maybe, but I kind of doubt it.   and is double even enough?

my main problem with keeping killzone is unless they do something really crazy they are kind of beholden to the franchises establishment and those are firmly last gen. 

horizon did so well in part because it went open world. let GG do another fps but when they do make it something new (for them) like a fallout or a boarderlands. it would be much better received and the kz universe isn't going to work there. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Jan 11, 2021, 10:14 PM Last Edit: Jan 11, 2021, 10:16 PM by Xevross
From Sony CES

Kena in March is good, pretty crazy start to the year for PS5 all things considered. Athia being Jan 2022 is sooner than expected, the reliable Era insider said FF16 is further along and should be coming out sooner.

the-pi-guy

"Januray" Hitman 3.

Xevross

"Januray" Hitman 3.
Lol, shows how little effort that was. Weird choice of games to select for a sizzle, weird to give them all dates like this when a lot of them weren't known.

PS5's first 4 and a half months: Astro, Sackboy, Spidey MM, Demon's, Godfall, Bugsnax, The Pathless, Destruction, Returnal, Kena. Hell of a start exclusive-wise, with 4 of those being fully PS5 exclusive too.

kitler53

Lol, shows how little effort that was. Weird choice of games to select for a sizzle, weird to give them all dates like this when a lot of them weren't known.

PS5's first 4 and a half months: Astro, Sackboy, Spidey MM, Demon's, Godfall, Bugsnax, The Pathless, Destruction, Returnal, Kena. Hell of a start exclusive-wise, with 4 of those being fully PS5 exclusive too.
after seeing the shipment numbers I feel like destruction all-stars need to be delayed for a larger user base. 

Xevross

Jan 23, 2021, 11:56 PM Last Edit: Jan 23, 2021, 11:59 PM by Xevross
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot17-good-vibrations.355570/page-117#post-56981339

Katharsis really doubling down on this one.

And this: https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot17-good-vibrations.355570/page-118#post-56981957

if they're right (which they usually are, its just almost like Sony are trolling them with Silent Hill) it looks like Sony should have shown a lot late last year that they didn't and could well be gearing up for a show early this year. It makes sense really, we've got lots of Sony games coming up that need a gameplay showing and I'm sure they have more to announce.

Xevross

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-february-2021-destruction-allstars-ps5-control-ultimate-edition-for-ps4-ps5-and-concrete-genie.368769/

Possibly the best PS+ month ever, if you like Control. I so so wish I'd waited and played it on PS5 now, this kinda sucks. The PS4 version is dog.

kitler53

well fudge.  i just bought control on the end of the year sale.  

fudge ps+ and fudge gamepass.

Xevross

well fudge.  i just bought control on the end of the year sale.  

fudge ps+ and fudge gamepass.
lol, if you haven't downloaded control yet you can refund it.

Legend

Sweet. I wanted to try the ultimate edition.

Also wanted concrete genie. Great month.

kitler53

lol, if you haven't downloaded control yet you can refund it.
what's the process for that?

nnodley

at least its the ultimate edition I can check out the ray tracing on ps5

Xevross

what's the process for that?

Not sure, I just know its the case. I think you might have to manually contact Sony support but there might be another way.

Go Up