The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Legend

Quote from: kitler53 on Oct 20, 2022, 03:59 PMvr is so a fad.  

..not even a fad.  Fads are popular for a while...
VR has been popular for 10 years now...
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: kitler53 on Oct 20, 2022, 03:59 PMvr is so a fad.  

..not even a fad.  Fads are popular for a while...
Lol.

VR is still popular, more popular than ever. It's just being driven by Meta, Sony and maybe Valve.

This is more of a Microsoft failure.

darkknightkryta

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Oct 20, 2022, 04:21 PMLol.

VR is still popular, more popular than ever. It's just being driven by Meta, Sony and maybe Valve.

This is more of a Microsoft failure.
Those hololens though.

the-pi-guy

Meta Drops Quest Pro Price In U.S. & U.K. By Hundreds

Limited time discount for the Meta Quest Pro to $1100, down from $1500

Legend

Past few days I've been really tempted to buy PSVR2, but I've decided to hold off till it gets pc support.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

kitler53

         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

nnodley

I mean it was a little ridiculous of a price to begin with

Legend

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

kitler53

         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

nnodley

Honestly i'm ok with it staying niche. It will help keep the metaverse battleship at bay(even though there is tons more to metaverse). Its a cool experience to play here and there, but not something i'd want to play all the time like i do normal games.

But i'd say Call of the Mountain and GT7 are both huge must plays.  Those are the only 2 real wow moments i've ever had in VR so far.

the-pi-guy

Meta Quest Pro VR headset price drops to $999 - The Verge

Major price cuts for 256 GB Quest 2 ($499-$429), Quest Pro ($1500 -> $1000)

Legend

How do most games handle falling off edges? You want to let people lean over cliffs and look down, but they can't just levitate forever?
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Mar 05, 2023, 10:09 PMHow do most games handle falling off edges? You want to let people lean over cliffs and look down, but they can't just levitate forever?
I have to imagine either just not moving the player or having them levitate.  

Legend

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Mar 05, 2023, 10:51 PMI have to imagine either just not moving the player or having them levitate.  
I hope in Hapax I can come up with a cooler solution.

I'm really looking forward to going down the rabbit hole and trying out a bunch of vr games if I end up making vr dlc.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

kitler53

a lot of games cliffs are basically invisible walls preventing players from falling. 

else falling is a "gameplay mechanic".
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd