E3 youtube views and analysis 2018

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jun 09, 2018, 07:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Nightengale

Jun 13, 2018, 01:44 AM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 01:53 AM by Nightengale
I expected it.

Based off historical trends of trailer views, gameplay trailers are always the most desirable and have the highest consumption pace. Not always the case, but when it comes to traditional E3 games - the winners are often gameplay trailers.

TLOU2, based off my previous tracking of PSX and PGW trailers - while getting lower views than expected, had very very very high social tracking in all other stats. Likes, retweets, favs, anticipation. There was no doubt in my mind that TLOU2 gameplay - if it delivered would be in the top 3 of E3 2018.

But it's not to slight on Cyberpunk. Had Cyberpunk been a 10-minute gameplay trailer, it would've smoked TLOU2. But TLOU2 had the advantage of it being the gameplay premiere of one of the most beloved IPs in the last generation.

As for Spider-Man... this is its 3rd E3 trailer and its 2nd big gameplay trailer. Most games trailer views fall-off after their heights. Don't be shocked when TLOU2's gameplay trailer next year have far less views, it's gonna happen. :P