Guy walks into Digital Extremes studio, gets lunch, discovers new game Keystone

Started by Hailey, Jul 02, 2015, 06:21 PM

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hailey

 
QuoteYesterday on Reddit, a poster named UndercoverLegend wrote that he snuck into Digital Extremes' office, took lunch, and started talking to other employees there, who revealed that the studio is working on a card game called Keystone.

...
 
 Reddit's mods have since deleted the story—which I've independently confirmed is true—but we've got it here:

A bit of a back-story: I have been following DE for years now, I knew they were in London, Ontario, Canada but I didnt know where. They have been hiding from us for years, no explanation to as where. I found them. On the corner of [REDACTED] is their office in the Citi Plaza. How did I find it? Well if you go high enough there is a Tenno statue! You can clearly see it and where they used to do dev streams from the window. The doors are all opened by fingerprints, pretty cool haha. But I just followed some tattooed dude into the door after he unlocked it. He didnt even ask me any questions. I had my Doctor Who shirt on and I tried my best to blend in.

No one asked me if I worked there, I just sat in the chairs and moved around every now and then. at 12:01pm the lunch lady says that food is ready over the overcom and I join up the line. Theres a bunch of plates stacked and then you just grab the food buffet style. I sat down and enjoyed my free lunch and started talking to some people. They told me they were working on a new game called Keystone. They said it was a FPS with cards (like magic the gathering style perhaps) but didnt explain that much about it. The QA room has funko figures and stuffed animals everywhere. There were also a lot of ps4 and xbox one sitting around unattended. There were no security guards and no one asked me who I was. They just assumed I belonged there and told me about their secret game. at 6pm people started leaving so I just followed them out and the one guy said "See you tomorrow" so I agreed.

TL;DR: DE has shaming security and delicious food. Also Keystone.

 

Source (Kotaku)

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Hailey

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Guy walks into Digital Extremes studio, gets lunch, discovers new game Keystone

QuoteThe person was a deliberate trespasser and a thief. Anyone blaming this on DE is victim blaming.
 I am glad REDDIT had the ethical fortitude to remove criminally obtained material from their website and adhering to legal and ethical standards in this instance.
 

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Dr. Pezus


Hailey

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Dr. Pezus