Xbox Series |OT|

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 16, 2020, 11:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

Day 1 Xbox Series X review

Pros:
I love the box. It looks small even and is just cool.
Gamepass is well integrated so it's easy to search for things to play.
Individual controllers can be synced to specific accounts.
Trigger rumble is nice.
3D avatars are fun and nostalgic. It brought over my old avatars from 360 and I was horrified lol.

Mixed:
The home screen is confusing but is highly customizable.

Cons:
It's sluggish. Don't know if it's day one network issues or something else, but the menus sometimes hang and loading bars are not uncommon. Downloads are way worse than what I'm used to on PC and PS4. In game loading is not instant.
It's seemingly a single player system? Can log additional people in but all controllers control the homescreen at the same time and unless I'm missing something, it has PS3/360 levels of user management.
Doesn't feel like next gen. This is specific to me since I don't have a 4K tv and have yet to play a series x optimized game, but it feels like a PS4. There is no flagship game to play.
The shape of the box is not user friendly. It's ugly on its side and while my entertainment cabinets are large enough to fit it vertically, I fear the upper vent needs more than an inch of clearance.
Doesn't seem to download while in rest mode. Might be a glitch.

I'd sum it up as a great place to play great games, and a meh place to play meh games. Hopefully most of my issues are just from me being an idiot. Otherwise I really hope they patch some things.

I've only played Outer Wilds today. Downloading has been too slow to try out other games.
Seems okay so far then, like you said the download issues are due to the server overload on launch day.

The rumble triggers were the best part about the xb1 controller, I was jealous of them the entire gen.