PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

May 23, 2017, 11:35 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:38 PM by nnodley
It's not all like that...If you look at Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Ubisoft in Toronto, 343 Industries etc reviews they are much better.

Plus it's Glassdoor reviews...most of the time people only go on glassdoor to say negative things about a company because they want to vent.
Yeah for sure, but I've heard people talk about ND's crunch and they work just as long hours with not the type of compensation they should have.  There is a reason Bruce took a year leave from work.  Not to mention Amy Hennig talking about working 80 hour work weeks including weekends most every week for the past decade or so.  That is not the type of crud I want to have to do.  No one should have to do that.  Yeah people should love creating entertainment for others to enjoy, but not at the detriment of everything else in their life and their health.  I can almost guarantee if I work in AAA and start working upwards of 80 hours a week I will get out real quick. 

Really awful stuff. 
Indie development might not be easy, but it allows enough freedom to not drive yourself into horrible situation. 
Yeah especially if you play it right.  Some indie devs drive themselves nuts like AAA because they jump into a studio setting too quick.  I will gladly have people work out of an(my) apartment if it saves me money and lets me keep a greater financial stability until I feel secure enough to branch into a studio setting.   Plus most indie devs only create games instead of creating games and having something else to bring in pure profit while a game is cooking.