PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

the-pi-guy

Era rumor thread
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-sony-to-acquire-bluepoint-games.324523/
According to my source that is familiar with the development team Bluepoint Games, they're finalizing a deal right now. It seems like Demon's Souls was kind of the "final test", and based on positive reactions, and the fact that Bluepoints work ethic has proven impressive once again Sony started acquisition-based talks with the studio.

The important parts of the deal are as follows

From Bluepoint's angle:
They want to make sure they get a shot at an original IP, they don't want to be simply a "remake studio" (Even if they make more remakes)
While they value and love their independence, they also realize the industry is rapidly growing and evolving. They feel comfortable with their existing partnership with Sony and decided to sell to them.
From Sony's angle:
Very impressed with the work-ethic from Bluepoint. Creates groundbreaking remakes, at a good pace.
They have a good relationship with other SIE studios, particularly Sony Japan Studios that they worked together with during both Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls. (Ape Escape fans, whatupppp) ((that wasn't an ape escape remake teaser, literally don't know anything about what they're doing after souls))
The expertise, skill, and tech that Bluepoint has for their remakes can be used for future projects not necessarily made by them. (In other words, if Team Asobi decides to create an Ape Escape Remake, they can go to Bluepoint for help)

The deal is being finalized and should be announced shortly, the time period I've been given is that it'll happen before February 28th. If it doesn't, it might not happen/be false information given to me. This means that you're free to discredit me as it most likely won't happen for one reason or another

Quote from: mod backing
We've spoken with MarsipanRumpan and while they may have sources, they weren't able to provide any concrete evidence to support these claims. So take it with a grain of salt. MarsipanRumpan is posting this at their own risk and has agreed to accept a ban if these don't pan out by 2/28/2021.