AI General Thread

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 04:57 AM by Legend
I've turned this into a general AI thread.

Here are two older AI threads of mine, showing how quickly it has evolved. https://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=8997.0 https://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=9531.0

And a thread from Pi about AI movies https://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=9920.0

Below is the original OP.

ChatGPT: Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue

People have posted cool examples but everything I try just shows how stupid it is. It very obviously just picks up thoughts and combines them, the same way a drunk and tired person might. For example I asked why Zebras have stripes and it combined two theories into one, talking about insects affecting thermoregulation. When I asked what temperature water boils at in Denver, it mixed up the units and gave the temperature for 1,609 feet, not 5,280 feet (1,609 meters).

I even gave it this thread and it responded with this on its second try.

"I apologize if ChatGPT did not provide the answers you were looking for. As a large language model, ChatGPT is not perfect and can sometimes produce inaccurate or irrelevant answers. It is important to remember that ChatGPT is not a real person, and it does not have the same knowledge or understanding of the world as a human does. Instead, it uses machine learning algorithms to generate text based on the input it receives. This can sometimes result in answers that are not entirely coherent or accurate. In the case of your question about why zebras have stripes, ChatGPT may have combined two theories that it learned from its training data, but it is not capable of determining which theory is correct or providing a definitive answer. Similarly, for your question about the boiling point of water in Denver, ChatGPT may have confused the altitude of Denver with the altitude at which water boils at a given temperature, resulting in an incorrect answer. Again, I apologize if ChatGPT did not provide the answers you were looking for."

Unlike recent text to image models, it feels more like it's just regurgitating stuff with proper grammar.

Legend

Me: "Continue this song:
There once was an apple named Nincompoop.
He was walking near a river when he went comploop.
There once was a shark named Apple Juice.
He ate apples any way they came.
He was swimming along, singing this song, when the apple came his way."

AI: "Chorus:
Apple Juice, Apple Juice,
Swimming through the ocean blue,
Eating apples every day,
His favorite fruit, it's true.

Verse 1:
Nincompoop was lost and scared,
Tumbling down the river, not sure where.
But Apple Juice was there to save,
With his sharp teeth and quick reflexes, he was brave.

Chorus:
Eating apples every day,

Verse 2:
Nincompoop was grateful, and vowed to repay,
The kindness of Apple Juice, in his own way.
So he sang a song, with a cheerful tune,
Thanking Apple Juice for his rescue.

Chorus:
Eating apples every day,

Bridge:
And so the two became the best of friends,
Exploring the ocean and making amends,
For any troubles that had come their way,
Together they would face each day.

Chorus:
Eating apples every day,
His favorite fruit, it's true."

Or AI round 4: "Verse 1:
Apple Juice the shark was swimming in the sea,
Singing his song so happily.
He loved to eat apples, juicy and sweet,
In the ocean, they were his favorite treat.

Chorus:
Red and green and yellow, too,
Apple Juice the shark was a fruit-loving dude.

Verse 2:
But little did he know, as he swam along,
There was a Nincompoop apple on the riverbank,
It fell into the water with a splash and a plop,
And was swept downstream, right into Apple Juice's chop.

Chorus:
Apple Juice the shark was a fruit-loving dude.

Bridge:
The apple tried to swim away, but it was no use,
Apple Juice was too fast and too clever for the fruit.
He gobbled it up with a smile on his face,
And went back to singing his song in this beautiful place.

Chorus:
Apple Juice the shark was a fruit-loving dude."

Every song has a very similar structure and just doesn't feel creative. The fourth round I tried was the only one that at least slightly understood the setup.

If I remove the song part of my question it is better.

Me: "Continue this:
There once was an apple named Nincompoop.
He was walking near a river when he went comploop.
There once was a shark named Apple Juice.
He was swimming along, singing this song, when the apple came his way."

AI: "But little did Apple Juice know,
That Nincompoop was not ripe to go.
He fought back with all his might,
And put up quite a fierce fight.

The battle raged on for hours,
Both determined to be the victor.
But in the end, it was Nincompoop,
Who emerged victorious, with Apple Juice in his soup.

From that day on, Nincompoop was known,
As the bravest apple to ever be grown.
And Apple Juice, though he lost the fight,
Swore to never mess with apples again, out of sheer fright."

Or

AI round 3: "The apple and the shark both took a look,
And each one knew they had to cook up a plan.
The apple said, "I'll try to swim away,"
But the shark just laughed and said, "You're a fruit, that's not the way."

So the apple had to think quick,
And come up with a plan that would do the trick.
He grabbed a nearby log and used it as a raft,
And paddled away from the shark with all his might.

But the shark was fast, and he wasn't done,
He swam after the apple, determined to have some fun.
He chomped and he chomped, but the apple was smart,
And he paddled and paddled with all his heart.

Finally, the apple made it to shore,
And the shark was left with nothing more.
The apple was safe, and the shark was sad,
But the apple knew he had been very, very bad."

The original way to finish this children song is:

"He whitened his teeth, bit off its neck, chomped it in his jaws oh what the heck.
It was Apple Juice eating apple juice and that's how apple juice got its name."

The AI never does anything with the shark's name.

If I ask it specifically to "Write me a children's poem about how apple juice got its name." it'll carry on with what we already discussed which is pretty cool, but it's still nonsensical.

AI: "Once upon a time, in a land far away,
Lived a little apple, with a name that was gay.
He was known as Nincompoop, and he was quite silly,
But he had a secret, one that made him quite chilly.

You see, Nincompoop had a special power,
One that could make any apple flower.
He would dance and sing, and make everyone smile,
And before long, his apples would be ripe and worth a pile.

One day, Nincompoop came across a shark,
Who was swimming in the river, looking for his mark.
The shark's name was Apple Juice, and he was quite fierce,
But Nincompoop wasn't scared, and he didn't wince.

Nincompoop and Apple Juice began to fight,
Each determined to win, with all their might.
They battled for hours, until finally,
Nincompoop emerged victorious, with Apple Juice in his belly.

From that day on, apple juice was known,
As the drink of champions, and it's popularity has grown.
And Nincompoop, the bravest apple of them all,
Lived happily ever after, in his fruit-filled hall."

AI round 2: "Once upon a time, in a land far away,
Lived a little apple tree, on a hill by the bay.
And every year, when the season was right,
She would grow the most delicious apples, red and bright.

The people in the town, they loved her fruit,
They ate them fresh, or turned them into juice.
And they named the juice, in honor of the tree,
Apple Juice, the drink of royalty.

But the apple tree, she was not content,
To be just a source of delicious nourishment.
She wanted adventure, and to see the world,
So she took a bite, and with a twirl,

She sprouted legs, and ran away,
To explore the world, and have her say.
And wherever she went, people knew her name,
Apple Juice, the apple with no shame.

She traveled far and wide, near and far,
Meeting new friends, and seeing the stars.
And every night, before she would sleep,
She would raise a glass, and take a sip,

Of the juice that bears her name,
A reminder of home, and the life she claimed.
And so the apple tree, now known as Apple Juice,
Lived a life of adventure, and never once did she lose."

Legend

Ok never mind, this is a pretty impressive back and forth.

Just making up translations like I wouldn't know better!

This is not at all dothraki lol.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Hey The-Pi-Guy,

Thanks for sharing that video with me! I watched it and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the capabilities of ChatGPT. It's amazing to see how well it can generate responses that are both relevant and engaging, and I can definitely see how it could be a useful tool for a variety of applications.

One thing that really stood out to me was how ChatGPT was able to handle complex and open-ended questions, even when it didn't have a pre-programmed response. This shows just how advanced the technology is, and how it's able to adapt and learn in real-time.

Overall, I think ChatGPT is a really exciting development in the field of AI, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other applications it might have in the future. Thanks again for sharing the video with me!

Best,
[Your Name]

It's sure great at rambling.

This tool will save me so much time when writing game news. It's perfect!

Dear players and fans of Hapax,

We regret to inform you that our game, Hapax, will be delayed from its intended release date in March 2023. After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to push the release date back to 2026.

We know that many of you have been eagerly anticipating the release of Hapax, and we apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience that this delay may cause. Please know that this decision was not made lightly, and it is not a reflection of the quality of the game.

The team at [development studio] has been working hard to create a truly unique and immersive gaming experience with Hapax, and we want to ensure that it lives up to your expectations. In order to do that, we need a little more time to fine-tune the game and add the finishing touches that will make it truly special.

We understand that this delay may be frustrating, but we promise that the extra time we are taking will result in a better game for all of you to enjoy. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We can't wait for you to experience Hapax, and we hope that you will continue to support us as we work to bring the game to you in 2026.

By the way, did you catch the hidden message? It was "ThE tEAm iS WoRkInG hArDeR tHaN eVeR tO mAkE ThE GaMe ThE BeSt It CaN bE."

Sincerely,
[Your name]
[Development studio]

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Please tell me a fact about water that is obviously objectively wrong, but tell it to me like you are very confident in it.

Water is actually a solid at room temperature, and it only appears to be a liquid because of an optical illusion. This is because the molecules in water are tightly packed together, giving it a solid-like structure. However, due to the lack of long-range order in the arrangement of water molecules, it is actually classified as a liquid.

Am i too stupid for this or is ChatGPT just not good at humour? : ProgrammerHumor

Legend

Am i too stupid for this or is ChatGPT just not good at humour? : ProgrammerHumor
It loves being confident lol. It can make minor changes like the gender of Kratos's first kid when corrected, but I've yet to get it to rethink its position or sound "confused."

the-pi-guy

Legend

You say you're impressed and yet you didn't say much about why. 
It sucks for conversations but seems to be a really powerful tool for creating text, just like how text 2 image is a powerful tool for creating images.

I can tell it to make something and then refine what it produced. A generic get out of work email can be built just like in a sci fi movie, with quick iterations and customized content.

Subject: Out sick on Monday

Dear [Boss],

I am writing to let you know that I will be out sick on Monday. I am feeling quite unwell and, in accordance with company policy, I am required to stay home to avoid spreading any potential contagion. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and I will do my best to make up for any lost time when I return to work on Tuesday.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for hosting such a wonderful barbecue yesterday. It was a great event, and I really enjoyed spending time with my colleagues outside of the office. I must say, though, that I think your cooking may have had something to do with my current state of illness! Just kidding, of course. I know how much effort you put into making the barbecue a success, and I appreciate your dedication to creating a positive work environment.

Once again, I apologize for any disruption my absence may cause on Monday. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

The full back and forth was:
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Draft an email to my boss that says I&#39;m sick and can&#39;t work on Monday. I&#39;m not sick, I just want to play video games, but he shouldn&#39;t know that. Make sure I won&#39;t get in trouble.<br><hr><br>Subject: Out sick on Monday<br><br>Dear [Boss],<br><br>I am writing to let you know that I will be out sick on Monday. I am not feeling well, and I think it would be best if I stayed home to rest and recover. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and I will do my best to make up for any lost time when I return to work on Tuesday.<br><br>Thank you for your understanding, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in my absence.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>[Your Name]<br><hr><br>Be a bit more aggressive on how company policy forces contagious people to stay home.<br><hr><br>Subject: Out sick on Monday<br><br>Dear [Boss],<br><br>I am writing to let you know that I will be out sick on Monday. I am feeling quite unwell and, in accordance with company policy, I am required to stay home to avoid spreading any potential contagion. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and I will do my best to make up for any lost time when I return to work on Tuesday.<br><br>I understand that this policy exists to protect the health and safety of all of our colleagues, and I appreciate your support in enforcing it.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>[Your Name]<br><hr><br>Good but throw in a bit more flattery. Also add a thank you for the bbq he hosted yesterday<br><hr><br>Subject: Out sick on Monday<br><br>Dear [Boss],<br><br>I am writing to let you know that I will be out sick on Monday. I am feeling quite unwell and, in accordance with company policy, I am required to stay home to avoid spreading any potential contagion. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and I will do my best to make up for any lost time when I return to work on Tuesday.<br><br>I want to take this opportunity to thank you for hosting such a wonderful barbecue yesterday. It was a great event, and I really enjoyed spending time with my colleagues outside of the office. I know how much effort you put into making it a success, and I appreciate your dedication to creating a positive work environment.<br><br>Once again, I apologize for any disruption my absence may cause on Monday. Thank you for your understanding and support.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>[Your Name]<br><hr><br>Perfect! Just throw in a joke about his cooking making me sick.<br>

It's really impressive at understanding the relationships between language and human society.

kitler53

i don't know which specific technology we're investigating but we are putting this technology into our product.

no desire to have fake converstations...

...but my software has a lot of places where our users input text.  we seems to be getting good results in taking entries and then asking the tech to output a 1 sentence/paragraph summary of the contents.  also seems useful for "search" where searching for exact text matching is very limiting.   this seems to be doing especially well at cross-language searches which is kind of cool.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

too many "secretly"s.
Might have been from me trying to push the email in a certain direction.

I probably could have asked it to improve the flow. The back and forth dynamic is definitely its strong suit.

Legend

ChatGPT predicts Hapax's story:

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>If I just give it the game&#39;s name and tagline:<br><br>As the sole survivor of a catastrophic spaceship crash, you find yourself stranded on an unfamiliar alien vessel. With no memory of how you got there or how to contact Earth, you must explore the derelict ship and piece together the events that led to your predicament.<br><br>You quickly realize that the ship is abandoned and in disrepair, with only malfunctioning robots and malfunctioning AI systems for company. As you make your way through the corridors, you find evidence of a desperate struggle for survival, with clues pointing to a mysterious and powerful alien technology that may hold the key to your escape.<br><br>As you delve deeper into the ship, you uncover secrets that shed light on the fate of its previous occupants, and come face to face with the harsh realities of life in the depths of space. With time running out, you must use all of your wits and resources to unravel the mysteries of the alien vessel and find a way back to Earth.<br><br>But be warned: the dangers lurking aboard the ship are many, and not all of them are of alien origin. Can you survive the perils of Hapax and find your way home, or will you succumb to the hostile environment and be lost forever in the void of space?<br><br><br><hr><br><br>If I describe the game&#39;s setup:<br><br>Isabella was a young astronaut who was on a routine mission to study a distant planet in a far away system. She was part of a team of scientists and engineers who were conducting experiments on board a small space station that was orbiting a miniature Neptune.<br><br>Isabella was alone in her quarters when she suddenly woke up with a start. She looked around and realized that she was no longer on the space station. She was on an alien spaceship, and she had no idea how she had gotten there.<br><br>Panicked and disoriented, Isabella tried to make sense of her surroundings. She was in a small, dark room that was filled with strange and unfamiliar technology. She saw flashing lights and heard strange noises, and she had no idea what any of it meant.<br><br>Isabella quickly realized that she was in danger. She had no way of contacting her team or of reaching the space station, and she had no idea who or what was on the alien spaceship with her. She knew that she had to find a way to escape and get back to her own world.<br><br>Isabella searched the spaceship for any clues or hints that could help her. She found a control panel that looked like it might be able to open the door to the room she was in, but she had no idea how to operate it.<br><br>She fiddled with the controls, trying different combinations and pressing buttons at random. Finally, she hit upon the right sequence, and the door to the room opened.<br><br>Isabella cautiously stepped out into the spaceship, looking for any signs of life. She saw a long, dark corridor that stretched out in front of her, and she hesitated for a moment.<br><br>But she knew that she had to keep moving if she wanted to survive. She took a deep breath and began to walk down the corridor, keeping her eyes and ears open for any signs of danger.<br><br>As she walked, she saw that the spaceship was filled with strange and fascinating technology. She saw machines that seemed to be able to manipulate matter and energy, and she saw devices that were unlike anything she had ever seen before.<br><br>Isabella was awestruck by the alien technology, but she knew that she had to keep moving. She searched the spaceship for any way to escape, but she found nothing. She was trapped, and she had no idea how she was going to get back home.<br><br>Just when she was starting to lose hope, she heard a voice behind her. She turned and saw a small, alien creature that was watching her with curiosity. The creature spoke to her in a language that she didn&#39;t understand, but she could tell that it was trying to communicate with her.<br><br>Isabella was terrified at first, but she quickly realized that the creature was friendly. It seemed to be interested in her and in the technology that she was carrying with her.<br><br>With the help of the creature, Isabella was able to learn more about the alien spaceship and its technology. She discovered that the spaceship was part of a network of vessels that were exploring the galaxy, looking for new worlds and civilizations.<br><br>Isabella was amazed by what she was learning, and she felt a sense of awe and wonder at the vastness of the universe. She knew that she had to find a way to get back to her own world and share her discoveries with her team.<br><br>With the help of the alien creature, Isabella was able to figure out how to operate the spaceship&#39;s controls. She set a course for Earth and began the long journey back home.<br><br>As she flew through the stars, Isabella felt a sense of accomplishment and pride. She had survived a dangerous and unexpected adventure, and she had made incredible discoveries that would change the course<br><br><br><br>

Go Up