Gaming Acquisition |OT| Tencent acquires Lucid Games

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 01, 2022, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

at ~20 billion i don't know if sony could afford it.   ..or if it would be worth it.   would they dare make it exclusive?  is xbox small enough not to matter?  or would it just be collateral for MS to stop pulling things from playstation.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

at ~20 billion i don't know if sony could afford it.   ..or if it would be worth it.   would they dare make it exclusive?  is xbox small enough not to matter?  or would it just be collateral for MS to stop pulling things from playstation.
Sure they could afford it. Whether they would want to is always the issue.

They probably couldn't afford it in cash, it would likely be a combination of loans, stock, cash they do have.

Take Two would be huge with Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto.
They also own Zynga.

But Take Two probably isn't interested.

the-pi-guy

I still think it's much more likely Sony will go on a buying streak of small studios instead.

kitler53

Sure they could afford it. Whether they would want to is always the issue.

They probably couldn't afford it in cash, it would likely be a combination of loans, stock, cash they do have.

Take Two would be huge with Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto.
They also own Zynga.

But Take Two probably isn't interested.
publicly traded.  they'll take it if the offer is high enough but:
1. even though the whole market is in a bubble TT's stock is down from the ATH.  Sony would probably need to offer 30B. 
2. MS would instantly outbid them. 

Legend

If Sony expected cod to go through, could they buy take 2 while microsoft is "locked out" atm?

kitler53

If Sony expected cod to go through, could they buy take 2 while microsoft is "locked out" atm?
like with ABK it would take a long time.  even if an offer was made today it would be months before they are locked in.  would require shareholder approval which would not happen even MS made even a slight inclining that they would bid. 

BananaKing

I think if the Activision deal goes through or not, if Sony buys take two, it will open the door for MS to buy more publishers. Because at that point MS will say "hey, Sony is doing it too" and go and buy another publisher or two.

If the Activision deal goes through, when MS try to buy another publisher (and they will) i wont think it would go through specially after the scrutiny that this deal is receiving.

If it doesn't go through, MS will think twice before buying off any publishers. Doubt they would be able to buy EA or take two. But maybe ubisoft

kitler53

MS will get ABK and TT and whoever else they want.   then next gen Sony is a first part machine only. 

*competition*

kitler53

Mar 06, 2023, 01:50 AM Last Edit: Mar 06, 2023, 01:51 AM by kitler53
this is more of a wish than an expectation but ..

I wish Sony would:
1. aquire Harmonix
2. revive rock band as "rock band live".  instead of (or in addition to) selling songs they did what just dance is doing with their songs and selling 12 months unlimited access to the catalog.
3. got some native PS5 instruments out so I could replace my shotty drums.  

I know it's not doing as well as it used to but I still like it. it deserves to live on and with Sony's ties to the music industry I'll bet they could make it happen.

while we're at it they should get DDR from Konami too.  and maybe samba from Sega.  

each could be "premium" products too.  I'd pay a few hundred for a DDR pad or new drum kit. 

the-pi-guy

I just want Sony to acquire some RPG studios.

Make some Bethesda-style and Final Fantasy style RPGs.

Legend

I just want Sony to acquire some RPG studios.

Make some Bethesda-style and Final Fantasy style RPGs.
Here's a good buy/partnership for them. Small studio ex bethesda guys

Welcome

the-pi-guy

Here's a good buy/partnership for them. Small studio ex bethesda guys

Welcome
This sounds exactly like what I'd like to see happen.

the-pi-guy

Apparently Take Two's stock went up today because an *attention seeker* tweeted out that Sony is interested in buying them; in response to Activision Blizzard.

I Doubt It GIFs | Tenor

the-pi-guy

Legend

One of the bad sides of aquisitions.

Go Up