AI General Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

it's not just AI,.. a lot of supposed tech enhancements suck.   autocorrect typically does more harm than good.  speech to text is awful any time it's not something like a call center where a very specific question is asked and all it needs to do if distinquish "yes" from "no".   i literally think that the way google/facebook/ect only show you "results you'll be interested in" is a primary factor in the polarization of america and the eventual downfall of demacracy.  clearly these tools have been put to far greater use by authoritarians like russia/china then it has in free countries.

i can see a few ways in which AI could make lives better.  i just also see the far more ways that AI will be used inappropriately to the detriment of humanity.   i promise you it's not going to be long before someone utilizes this tech in cars/drones as murder bots.   it only takes 1 bumb in the world and I assure you there are far more than 1.  has horrible as nukes are at least they aren't easily accessible.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens