The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Oct 03, 2020, 08:29 PM Last Edit: Oct 03, 2020, 08:31 PM by Xevross
To me the beauty of crash was going through the level as fast as I can.
Yes I agree but in this one its like they made boxes the entire point of the level. So many of the platforming sections are literally there for box collection, you'd skip whole parts of the game if you ignored them and just got to the end as fast as possible. Boxes used to be a fun bonus but now they're basically the whole challenge and drive of most sections. That's why I find it weird.

Yeah crash has always been hard
Crash 1 was hard but 2 and 3 were not. This is almost Crash 1 difficulty and in fact I think if you played on retro mode (lives and checkpoint system same as the old games) it would be the new hardest crash game. I'm all for levels being hard anyway but you got to get the right kind of difficulty.

Games nail it when the difficulty feels like its earned and you've just got to get better, it feels very rewarding when you get past an obstacle/ boss or make progress as you know that it was all on you and you achieved it.

Difficulty is not good when it feels like its there just because the game is being battleship and unfair, getting past the obstacle you just feel relief that you got through the battleship and you're annoyed that it happened. I'm feeling too much like this during this game. There's some sections where I'm like okay I can do this I just gotta get it right but so often I'm just like "wtf is this the controls aren't tight enough to do this well" or "this is just too punishing it doesn't feel well designed".

The original Crash trilogy (particularly #1) nailed that first feeling, when you got through a hard level it felt frickin amazing and you were super proud of yourself. That's why I have so many fond memories of crash and I loved replaying them in N-sane trilogy. In this game I'm often thinking "phew I got through that shite and don't have to do it again".

the-pi-guy

kitler53

and no one cares...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

and no one cares...
Apple, Amazon, Google have huge amounts of money.  So it's partially interesting to see what they do

But time and time again, we see that money doesn't make the difference.

Stadia sucks and Google shows they don't even care.  

Luna seems promising, but Amazon has thrown tons of money at games and gotten nowhere.

Legend

Apple, Amazon, Google have huge amounts of money.  So it's partially interesting to see what they do

But time and time again, we see that money doesn't make the difference.

Stadia sucks and Google shows they don't even care.  

Luna seems promising, but Amazon has thrown tons of money at games and gotten nowhere.
I'll eat a hat if apple makes a botw level game lol. They could for sure make a popular game and a fun game, but not botw.

the-pi-guy

I'll eat a hat if apple makes a botw level game lol. They could for sure make a popular game and a fun game, but not botw.
Aye. I'd eat a hat too.

Throwing lots of money doesn't make a Nintendo game.

Legend

Aye. I'd eat a hat too.

Throwing lots of money doesn't make a Nintendo game.
Kitler would say throwing lots of money is the opposite of Nintendo.

kitler53

Kitler would say throwing lots of money is the opposite of Nintendo.
exactly, it should be easy for amazon to be a garbage developer.. 

Dr. Pezus

This is interesting

Xevross

I'm still playing Hades and loving it! Also watched Jim Sterling's video on it and its nice to see him so positive on it, he says its probably joined Bloodborne and Silent Hill 2 in the battle for his favourite game ever:

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Probably a disclaimer so they can't get sued.

kitler53

lulz, that's pretty awesome.

Dr. Pezus

Even more outrageous when you see what they wrote for fifa 20 (hint: the exact same thing but 19 instead of 20)

Dr. Pezus

League of Legends coming to iPhone because the new chip is wicked fast. Good that they picked such a graphically intense game lol

Go Up