The Anime Thread

Viewing single post

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown

BasilZero

Alongside Korra, I've been watching 4 anime.

Dragon Ball Super - Loving the tournament of power arc, though I feel tonight's episode will not be as good as the last three but I hope I am wrong.

One Piece - The Big Mom Arc started out alright but its going a bit slow now because they are trying to make the manga be ahead of the anime. OP is truly the Dragon ball z of today's generation. Making all these filler eps of fights that last for 15 minutes in story time but episodes span 10-15 eps. DBS is kinda like that too but not as offensive as DBZ in the 1990s/early 2000s.

Boruto - I am liking the pacing and story telling far more than original Naruto. The characters are much more likeable too. This and DBS is possibly my most favorite anime right now. OP fell off a lot since the last few weeks for me.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Started this a week ago or so. Havent really watched that many eps - only on episode 8. They cut down 90% of the filler eps so the story is progressing a lot faster but a lot of the filler eps showed stuff that would made more sense in what is being shown in DBZ Kai. For an example in the original DBZ they showed how Goku learned all the attacks like the spirit bomb and kaio ken but they dont even show it in DBZ Kai - they did a rush job on Spirit bomb and dont even mention kaio ken which is like one of the main techniques he learns and uses against Vegeta in this arc. Also they showed Chi Chi passed out on episode 8 but never really explained it but in the original she passed out because she saw Gohan fighting lol.