PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shinobi-san

10 hours is a little less that i would like to be honest. in games like these i really like it when it takes longer, because it makes me feel at the end that i went a far way from where i started, it helps with that sense of adventure. like in TLoU, it feels like you look back at the start and is like "yeah... i came a long way since that!"

10 hours is my bare minimum i guess. If they are able to keep the pace of the game up and mix up the gameplay then as long as possible is always best. I just dont want it to be super short (>=8 hours) or overly long with weak pacing and repetitive gameplay.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

kitler53

I I think Infamous SS really needed another power. Paper would have been so cool and pushed the game over to great versus good.

it would have helped if the cement power wasn't given out right at the end.  i finished all the side quests before starting the boss sequence so i really never played it.  :/

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

@above: sweet. Hopefully it's controversial - will give it more media coverage!

OT: Driveclub killer?

i'm sure that is PC footage and even then not really.  ..unless there is another trailer showing off weather i'm not aware of driveclub has much better environments.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

So apparently I missed the announcement back in November that Level-5 will be announcing a PS4 exclusive at E3 2015.

Xevross

So apparently I missed the announcement back in November that Level-5 will be announcing a PS4 exclusive at E3 2015.

Apparently you did, silly.

@project cars trailer, it does look good but driveclub is easily keeping me entertained right now. I'll wait for the reviews on this one I think. That being said, I am dying to drive an f1 car again!

DD_Bwest

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-22-so-what-do-you-actually-do-in-no-mans-sky

"As Sean scans the environment, cubes of collectible materials are outlined against the terrain. He then fires projectiles towards them, destroying great chunks of the scenery with a shimmery sci-fi sound effect.

"You can see the terrain is destructible, which is something we haven't shown people before..."

So you can terraform?

"We're not sure how much we want to say because I don't want it to become the thing. Even showing this I'm nervous, because people will think, 'Oh, right - it's like Minecraft', and then it becomes that. 'It's the Minecraft in space game!'

Legend

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-22-so-what-do-you-actually-do-in-no-mans-sky

"As Sean scans the environment, cubes of collectible materials are outlined against the terrain. He then fires projectiles towards them, destroying great chunks of the scenery with a shimmery sci-fi sound effect.

"You can see the terrain is destructible, which is something we haven't shown people before..."

So you can terraform?

"We're not sure how much we want to say because I don't want it to become the thing. Even showing this I'm nervous, because people will think, 'Oh, right - it's like Minecraft', and then it becomes that. 'It's the Minecraft in space game!'

Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I want to see this in action. The tech they're using to generate the planets and universe wouldn't play nice with making local changes, so I wonder what they're doing and to what scale.

Xevross

So you can terraform?

This made the game a little bit more interesting to me!

Dr. Pezus

tell that to the last of us, red dead redemption, farcry3/4 and GTA5.

the perfect length for this would be 16-18 hours long. but i doubt it will be that long.
FC3/4, RDR and GTA are open world with side missions and lots of stuff to fool around with. TLoU is a masterpiece that is maybe 14-15 hours long at most unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty. I don't expect The Order to be nearly as masterfully made so 10-12 hours will be great.

Dr. Pezus

it would have helped if the cement power wasn't given out right at the end.  i finished all the side quests before starting the boss sequence so i really never played it.  :/
It's my favorite power lulz

Xevross

FC3/4, RDR and GTA are open world with side missions and lots of stuff to fool around with. TLoU is a masterpiece that is maybe 14-15 hours long at most unless you're playing on the hardest difficulty. I don't expect The Order to be nearly as masterfully made so 10-12 hours will be great.

I agree with this, big open games should have longer completion times because they're not all about the story and keeping you fully immersed in it all the time. You need breaks for exploring and finding other fun things to do. Linear games like the order and TLOU are all about the story and cannot drop  the ball at all, which is why they're better if they're shorter.

Dr. Pezus

This made the game a little bit more interesting to me!
As if that was possible!

@Above: Plus, FC3's story at least was a lot shorter than 14-16 hours. It just took longer to finish due to it being open world with side missions

Xevross

As if that was possible!

@Above: Plus, FC3's story at least was a lot shorter than 14-16 hours. It just took longer to finish due to it being open world with side missions

I don't have very much interest in it at all :P

Yeah, I think FC4's is a little bit longer than that, although there are barely any missions which are purely story focused. The game is more open and its more about what you want to do, whereas in TLOU you're always on that linear path working towards the goal. The story is the centre piece.

darkknightkryta

I agree with this, big open games should have longer completion times because they're not all about the story and keeping you fully immersed in it all the time. You need breaks for exploring and finding other fun things to do. Linear games like the order and TLOU are all about the story and cannot drop  the ball at all, which is why they're better if they're shorter.

Agreed.  This is actually why Final Fantasy XIII was bad.  Not because it was linear, but because it was 40 hours of linear.

the-pi-guy

Not just because it was linear. 
It was entirely linear including the level system for a while. 

Go Up