PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

We're talking about games stacking up against music, we're talking about games stacking up against movies. Music and movies, they can be enjoyed by almost limitless audiences. And I think some of the art that our studios are making is some of the finest entertainment that has been made anywhere in the world. And to kind-of gate the audience for the wonderful art, wonderful entertainment that our studios are making... to gate the audience for that at 20 or 30 million, frustrates me. I would love to see a world where hundreds of millions of people can enjoy those games.
It's a good sounding quote but isn't this incredibly unrealistic?

Of course songs and movies are enjoyed by hundreds of millions of people, they're relatively short and easy to consume. I think tv shows like game of thrones are a more apt comparison (premium fee and large time investment) and those seem to stay well below 100 million viewers.

Games will only hit those massive sales numbers by dumbing them down or increasing the amount of people with internet. I think Starlink will do far more to grow the video game industry imo.