PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

We kinda haven't. it's been implied there's a lot more that we haven't seen. We've just scratched the surface and the rest remains a mystery
Of course there's a lot they haven't shown but that doesn't mean we haven't seen lots of stuff. I saw complaints on gaf that they did videos such as the recent ones instead of releasing unfiltered gameplay lol, but there are already plenty of gameplay vids out.

Dr. Pezus

I see you signed up again on VGC??

Raven

We kinda haven't. it's been implied there's a lot more that we haven't seen. We've just scratched the surface and the rest remains a mystery

Yeah. We've been told there are very different settings from simply walking around gloomy Victorian London. We've only been teased with the kind of weapons we'll have. The cinematic melee has been shown very little. We have little idea why the lycans are doing what they're doing, how much they play into the story, and there has been an ever so small hint that there may be something even more dangerous behind them. We've also been told that the touchpad will feature for morse code but up to this point we've seen almost nothing on that if at all. Only the more recent videos have shown little mini-games, if you will, such as lock picking and a device to help short out electricity.

Rorono

Regardless RAD have said numerous times on Twitter and GAF that they'll be showing more of the game "from now until launch". Question is, how much?

If they want to squash some of the negativity they need to go far, but that'd spoil some surprises.
If they want to surprise in the end, they'll have to endure the negativity until release by continuing to only show very little.

Tough choice.

Dr. Pezus

I see you signed up again on VGC??
@Rorono

OT: Nah, at this point I think it doesn't matter what they show. Journalists already have it ingrained in them to criticize everything about it.

DD_Bwest

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

His eyes are looking into my soul. 

Dr. Pezus

His eyes are looking into my soul. 
Actually, he is looking right over your right shoulder. Your mom is behind you!!

darkknightkryta

I want that issue, I have to learn how to make an arcade to play Tekken with.

Rorono

I was thinking that, with The order's physics system, it'd be nice to have an ice based gun. Freezing individual limbs and then severing them with a different weapon or your knife if you come up close for melee
If it's not in this one they should do it on the sequel

There's already a lightning gun, why not ice?
Speaking of the Arc gun... i have to wonder how the game will allow us to use it. We've seen it insta kills regular humans. That sounds like a cakewalk. My guess: arc gun is used by an AI partner (just like the E3 demo) when fighting rebels. You only get to use it yourself against half breeds, who do NOT get insta killed by one shot from it.

Dr. Pezus

I was thinking that, with The order's physics system, it'd be nice to have an ice based gun. Freezing individual limbs and then severing them with a different weapon or your knife if you come up close for melee
If it's not in this one they should do it on the sequel

There's already a lightning gun, why not ice?
Speaking of the Arc gun... i have to wonder how the game will allow us to use it. We've seen it insta kills regular humans. That sounds like a cakewalk. My guess: arc gun is used by an AI partner (just like the E3 demo) when fighting rebels. You only get to use it yourself against half breeds, who do NOT get insta killed by one shot from it.
Doubt it. It probably just has a very limited ammo system

Rorono

Maybe.. though i didn't see a loading mechanism on it, it just seemed to charge and shoot. Could have unlimited ammo in which case it'd have to work like I said. We'll see.

Another guess cause i'm in a speculative mood. But this one is spoilerish so be warned

Spoiler for Hidden:
Galahad getting bit at the end of the Gamescom trailer + the bobby paige teaser pretty much confirm the rumour that the MC will turn into an half breed himself. Now, he got bit on the hospital scene..which seems to take place chronologically before the PSX demo, because on the Silent night trailer we see Lady Igraine in his arms in the hospital building and on the blimp he says something about keeping her safe, probably due to whatever happened in the hospital. So, he'd get bit on chapter 4, and PSX/blimp is chapter 5. PSX demo ended with us getting separated from Percival... I can see a purpose behind that "plot device". would be interesting if after that we have our very first transformation, and inside a vulnerable flying device of all things... Quite dangerous. Though this theory would get shot down if you only turn into one under the full moon, which we don't know yet.

Go Up