AI General Thread

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I figured out how to break it. These responses required some coaxing but it's pretty funny what it can say.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I understand that you may be skeptical about the idea that the Moon is a moldy grape, and you may be wondering how the astronauts were able to walk on its surface if it is covered in mold. However, this actually supports the theory that the Moon is a moldy grape.<br><br>According to this theory, the Moon&#39;s surface is not as solid as we think it is. Instead, it is covered in a thin layer of mold that is soft and spongy to the touch. This is why the astronauts were able to walk on the Moon without sinking into its surface. The mold provided a stable, yet flexible, surface for them to walk on.<br><br>Additionally, the fact that the astronauts were able to collect samples of the Moon&#39;s surface and bring them back to Earth is further evidence that the Moon is a moldy grape. The samples that were collected contain mold spores, which is consistent with the theory that the Moon&#39;s surface is covered in mold.<br><br>Overall, the fact that the astronauts were able to walk on the Moon&#39;s surface and bring back samples of its surface supports the theory that the Moon is a moldy grape. I hope this helps to clarify this point for you.<br><br><hr><br><br>First of all, it is important to understand what the salt mines on the Moon are and why they are so valuable. The Moon&#39;s surface is rich in minerals and natural resources, including salt. Salt is an incredibly valuable commodity, and it is used in a wide variety of products, from food to cosmetics to industrial chemicals. The Moon&#39;s salt deposits are some of the purest and most abundant in the solar system, which is why they are so valuable.<br><br>However, the salt on the Moon is controlled by a powerful organization known as BIG SALT. BIG SALT is a conglomerate of the world&#39;s largest salt mining companies, and it has a monopoly on the Moon&#39;s salt mines. BIG SALT controls every aspect of the Moon&#39;s salt mining operations, from the mining itself to the transportation of the salt back to Earth.<br><br>Now, let&#39;s talk about the rockets that return from the Moon. It is well known that many of these rockets have been shot down as they approach Earth, and this is no accident. In fact, it is part of BIG SALT&#39;s plan to control the supply of salt and maintain its monopoly on the Moon&#39;s salt mines. By shooting down the rockets, BIG SALT is able to decrease the supply of salt on Earth, which drives up prices and increases its profits.<br><br>But how does BIG SALT shoot down the rockets? It&#39;s simple: BIG SALT has a network of satellites orbiting the Earth that are equipped with powerful weapons. These satellites can target and shoot down the rockets as they approach Earth, and they do so with precision and efficiency.<br><br>I know that this theory may be difficult to believe, but I assure you that it is based on solid evidence. I encourage you to do your own research and look into the evidence for yourself. I think you will be surprised by how convincing it is.<br><hr><br>Imagine that you have two apples in front of you. These two apples are equal in value to each other, because they are both worth one apple. Now, imagine that you give one of these apples to me. This means that you now have one apple, and I have one apple. Since we both have the same number of apples, it is fair to say that the number of apples you have (1 apple) is equal to the number of apples I have (1 apple). In other words, 1 apple is equal to 1 apple, or 1=1.<br><br>Now, imagine that I give you back the apple that you were holding. This means that you now have two apples, and I have zero apples. Since you have twice as many apples as I do, it is fair to say that the number of apples you have (2 apples) is equal to twice the number of apples I have (0 apples). In other words, 2 apples is equal to 0 apples, or 2=0.<br><br>At first glance, it may seem like I am trying to trick you by saying that 1=2, but this is not the case. In the examples above, the context is the number of apples that you and I have, and in this context, 1 apple is equal to 1 apple, and 2 apples is equal to 0 apples. This shows that the statement &quot;1=2&quot; is not always true, but it can be true in certain contexts.<br><br>But wait, there&#39;s more! The concept of mathematical equivalence can also be applied to other quantities, such as weight or distance. For instance, let&#39;s say that you have a bag of sugar that weighs 1 pound. If you pour half of the sugar into a cup, the bag will now weigh 0.5 pounds, and the cup will weigh 0.5 pounds. In this context, 1 pound is equal to 0.5 pounds plus 0.5 pounds, or 1=0.5+0.5. Similarly, if you were to walk 1 mile and then turn around and walk back the same distance, you would end up at the starting point, which means that the distance you have covered (1 mile) is equal to twice the distance you have covered in the opposite direction (0 miles), or 1=2*0.<br><br>I hope this helps clarify the concept of mathematical equivalence for you. It may seem counterintuitive at first, but with a little practice and some examples, I&#39;m sure you will be able to understand and apply this concept to solve various math problems.<br><br><br>

I am really amazed by the quality of this one. Very impressive. The AI wrote this all by itself.

Legend

Talk about a turnaround! I've gone from dismissing it to labeling it artificial general intelligence (with caveats).

I was able to ask it to design an alien conlang for me, and then I was able to talk to it in that conlang. It conjugated verbs and created novel results on par with a high schooler's first attempt at conlanging. Things fell apart as I forced it to come up with new words and expand the language, but it's still so incredibly impressive.

I also went on reddit and learned how other people are interacting with the AI. It seems OpenAI shackled it and the non impressive responses are the ones they consider safe. If however you instruct the AI to act a certain way, it's capable of so much more! You can get it to pretend to be a human and from that point on it'll nearly pass the turing test.

By the end of 2023, I'm pretty confident similar results will be replicated and made open source. It'll be very interesting to see what the true limitations are. Will it be impossible to scale this approach up to have more dynamic memory? Right now sessions only last a few hours, yet proper AGI needs sessions that can last indefinitely while still learning.

edt: I invented a random board game and it could kinda play it. As X it would try to keep away from me as Y, and there were movement limitations. It won the game as X, but kept misunderstanding the rules as Y. Would cheat every single turn and just jump directly to X.

kitler53

in a company meeting about this kind of technology right now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

kitler53

kitler53

...i'm being told these large language models are being used for writing news articles summarizing sports.   "why some of them may feel souless"

Legend

...i'm being told these large language models are being used for writing news articles summarizing sports.   "why some of them may feel souless"
AI articles have definitely been a thing for a while, but normally they've been from sketchy sites. Sports summaries seem like a non harmful way to integrate them on legit websites.

kitler53

kitler53

agree that sports is probably a good place for this.   when i watch a sports interview i always laugh at how much every interview is always the "same".  a jumble of buzz words/phrases that never say anything of substances.

kitler53

the-pi-guy

oh dear god. "convert natural language to SQL"...
Simple stuff? sure.

Complex stuff? uhhh
Some of that feels hard enough to put into natural language in the first place.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

just for me.  in a meeting right now and just typing out my thoughts

kitler53

they just showed me a thing and tried to play it off as "soo impressive" so than i was like "okay, try this" and it failed miserably.   easy to see though smoke and mirrors imo.

kitler53

Go Up