AI General Thread

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

GPT-4

Doesn't seem like a game changer, but seems like a great improvement. One step closer to smart AGI.

It really just makes me wish this stuff was open source so more people could tweak it. Yeah it's a huge safety risk with bots taking over the internet, but just imagine if this model could be additionally trained on custom data. Maybe you could generate a token that stops the model from hallucinating. Maybe you could expand it to have searchable memories. I know lots of people have done things, but you could do so much more if you could crack it open.

the-pi-guy

It's still doing hands incorrectly. But the errors are much smaller.

4 fingers in the first image. Some fingers are going in unnatural directions/fitting in way too small a space.

But no longer the bizarre nightmare hands.

Legend

Good hands have always been possible but they sometimes require a lot of work. Just yesterday I was editing a pic for my family and 90% of the generated hands were gross plumbus feet, 5% were unnatural, and 5% looked perfect. Things are better when hands take up a large amount of screen space but small ones really suck.

The societal risks of AI are really interesting but I think the political risks of spotting fake images aren't real. Photoshop and human powered image editing have been widely available for well over a decade. It often times looks pretty bad yet people still fall for it. Improved quality from AI doesn't matter.
Obama Knockdown GIF - Obama Knockdown Door - Discover & Share GIFs

kitler53

we won't need skepticism and fact checking classes.  there will no longer be discernable truth and we'll be led by the greatest liars to our ruin. 

I hate this technology exists. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

The US copyright office had to issue a statement since too many people have been trying to register copyrights on AI generated content.

Their reasoning is impressively good. Essentially most AI work cannot be copyrighted because it is random. The human does not dictate the creative output, they just influence it. They view it in the same way as a person commissioning art. Regardless of giving instructions and feedback, commissioners are not authoring the creative content.

Reddit - Dive into anything

Legend

GPT-4 is getting integrated with microsoft office. Clippy is back!

Legend

GPT-4 can seemingly make real conlangs. I don't really have a way to test, but when it made one based off romance languages a different copy of GPT-4 could translate it back into English.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Conlang &quot;Vun&#39;kra 2013, Joel t&#39;kara sol&#39;vazh rithan n&#39;zith Austin, Texas, vith&#39;la dvan&#39;zor yal&#39;kei Sarah. Zel&#39;vren, plok&#39;shun krezh&#39;vul Cordyceps t&#39;gol&#39;ka yun&#39;dar, mor&#39;val shu&#39;lan k&#39;vith hurok&#39;zor rithan. Joel, vroth&#39;kei Tommy, vith&#39;la Sarah thun&#39;val zor&#39;kresh, Sarah grol&#39;kei vath&#39;zor rithan n&#39;kara Joel.&quot;<br><br>Real &quot;In 2013, Joel is a single father living near Austin, Texas, with his twelve-year-old daughter Sarah. One night, an outbreak of a mutant Cordyceps fungus ravages the United States, transforming its human hosts into cannibalistic monsters. As Joel, his brother Tommy, and Sarah flee the chaos, Sarah is shot by a soldier and dies in Joel&#39;s arms.&quot;<br><br>Translation &quot;In 2013, Joel traveled to Austin, Texas, with his friend Sarah. During their trip, they encountered a Cordyceps outbreak, which caused a dangerous situation. Joel, along with Tommy, protected Sarah from the threat, and Sarah became very close to Joel as a result.&quot;<br><br>It gets a few things wrong and translates it differently each time so I think the names and Cordyceps are doing a lot of the work. So I tried again with a different story that GPT-3.5 wrote.<br><br>Conlang &quot;Tolnai jemir, yorva en kaija nornet Lily, nevri zolma kreska. Hiran vodas nurev kaij, yorvando mestri kolori kon krayonis e markeis. Jemir um, Lily vensa konkurs kreska en skola yor. Yor labora sinfei en kreska yor, adunando omna koro e anima yor en to. Kuan konkurs rezultis anuntaron, Lily esti plena alegra apreni yor vinci prai lok! Yor genitoris esti fiertis yor e pendis kreska vinci yor en frigorifiko pro omnis vider. De jemir ta, Lily savai yor voli esti artist kuan yor kreskis. Yor kontinu kreska e pinta, fina esti artist sukseful e inspirando altri segui somnis lor.&quot;<br><br>Translation &quot;Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lily who loved to draw. She would spend hours drawing, experimenting with various colors using crayons and markers. One day, Lily entered a drawing contest at her school. She put her heart and soul into the drawing, adding all her passion and spirit to it. When the contest results were announced, Lily was overjoyed to learn that she had won first place! Her parents were proud of her and hung her winning drawing on the refrigerator for everyone to see. From that day on, Lily knew she wanted to be an artist when she grew up. She continued to draw and paint, eventually becoming a successful artist and inspiring others to follow their dreams.&quot;<br><br>Real &quot;Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Lily who loved to draw. She would spend hours each day creating colorful masterpieces with her crayons and markers. One day, Lily entered a drawing contest at her school. She worked tirelessly on her drawing, pouring all of her heart and soul into it. When the contest results were announced, Lily was overjoyed to learn that she had won first place! Her parents were so proud of her and hung her winning drawing on the refrigerator for everyone to see. From that day on, Lily knew that she wanted to be an artist when she grew up. She continued to draw and paint, eventually becoming a successful artist and inspiring others to follow their dreams.&quot;<br><br>This is spot on. It&#39;s heavily based off romance languages but it seems to have novel elements too.<br>

Legend

Pretty low quality but text2video is now publicly available.

Monkey learning to play the piano.
A dog wearing a Superhero outfit with red cape flying through the sky.
Reddit - Dive into anything

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Starting to feel like this is the year where all the AI stuff, that has been 5-20 years away for the past 50 years, is actually here.

Legend

Starting to feel like this is the year where all the AI stuff, that has been 5-20 years away for the past 50 years, is actually here.
It's pretty dang cool and terrifying all at the same time. The AI that exists right now is already passing so many traditional AI evaluations, such as https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2302/2302.02083.pdf

Sure there will be roadblocks and limits, but we've cracked human level AI. It's a solved problem. Language and transformers were the key.

kitler53

B. F. Skinner was right.

Even as an atheist this was a hard read.  But AI is proof that human souls are just conditioning and response.

Legend

B. F. Skinner was right.

Even as an atheist this was a hard read.  But AI is proof that human souls are just conditioning and response.

I've never understood the trouble people have had with accepting determinism. Sure you're just a result of conditioning, so what? You can still live your life the exact same way, free will and all, regardless of the technicalities behind the scenes.

Also even though I personally think consciousness is an emergent phenomenon,  AI doesn't prove it. There's so many debates about this like the Chinese room.

kitler53

I've never understood the trouble people have had with accepting determinism. Sure you're just a result of conditioning, so what? You can still live your life the exact same way, free will and all, regardless of the technicalities behind the scenes.

Also even though I personally think consciousness is an emergent phenomenon,  AI doesn't prove it. There's so many debates about this like the Chinese room.

Because it makes us feel sad.  We want to feel exceptional even if its not true.  We want to believe in gods that created us with purpose even if its BS. 

Go Up