Hazelight abandons It Takes Two trademark following Take Two ownership claims

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 03, 2021, 01:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Eurogamer

It Takes Two is the latest victim in a volley of trademark and copyright claims from publisher Take-Two, and just one of dozens of claims issued this year against a wide array of businesses and products.

US Patent Office records show Take-Two is behind filings to contest numerous names with connections to the words "rockstar", "social club", "mafia", "civilization" and more.

These include a Beijing company's trademark of the brand "Starrocks", the name of clothing brand Max Fayne, plus numerous restaurants, tattoo parlours and other small businesses who had used the word "rockstar" in their name.

"Think Like A Rockstar", a brand behind music books for live performances, abandoned its trademark after Take-Two's legal claim.

"Rockstar Axe Throwing", a Florida-based axe-throwing company, is meanwhile trying to oppose Take-Two's trademark grab.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I think your title needs "trademark" in it. I came in thinking the game itself was abandoned due to an ownership dispute which would suck a million times more!

the-pi-guy

I think your title needs "trademark" in it. I came in thinking the game itself was abandoned due to an ownership dispute which would suck a million times more!
Good call.