The xbox show just killed series x momentum imo

Started by Legend, Jul 23, 2020, 11:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I enjoyed this show. It showed a lot of great games and was a huge upgrade over their last one.

Yet it crushed dreams. Compare what fans thought before the show vs what is true.

Halo Infinite was considered a next gen showcase that proved series x. It was a juggernaut both for graphics and gameplay. After this show however, it feels more like Mass Effect Andromeda. (I loved Andromeda)

Forza was expected to be a launch title. Truth is it's 2021.

Fable was hoped to be close to release as well. Instead it is still very far off and might be a lite mmo.

Avowed was the only thing imo that beat expectations. No one assumed it was a thing.

Xevross

Yeah I think we learned that xbox's new studios are still far away from releasing games and their big boys are still just not on the level of Sony or Nintendo. People were hoping that with new gen it'd be a big step forward but its not. Maybe in a few years time when all these teased games with just CGI trailers actually get released things will change. Also they have a lot of their studios with no announced game so they still have time.

It just definitely proved they're still lacking. Sony's biggest flaw last gen was a weak first year and a bit exclusive wise, it was the only time xbox really matched them. This time it looks like Sony will keep their momentum and have a much better first year, which is bad news for xbox.

kitler53

Jul 24, 2020, 12:03 AM Last Edit: Jul 24, 2020, 01:10 AM by kitler53
agreed. 

the show was bad.  I do think things are different.  like xevross said ms has a much better first party line up now.  it's just 3 years before anything will really be delivered and the first efforts won't be up to sony/Nintendo standards.

but by next gen, if ms stays committed, they could be respectable.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I think the worst bit about it, is that this was basically their big first impression.  (For first party)

It'd be different if this was an expected smaller second show, but it wasn't.

kitler53

I think ms need to stop marketing xbsx as the most powerful console.  here on out that statement will invite ridicule

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens