PlayStation will NOT be at PAX East Feb 27th - Mar 1st

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 06, 2020, 07:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Reveal event?
I'm going to say no.

Probably stuff like The Last of Us 2, Dreams, etc.

Legend

Yeah no way is it a PS5 reveal. That would be funky.

the-pi-guy

Yeah no way is it a PS5 reveal. That would be funky.
On the off chance that Sony wanted to show some PS5 games there, that'd probably mean there's a reveal event beforehand.

Although I don't think that's likely.

Legend

PlayStation cancels planned PAX East appearence due to increasing concerns related to Coronavirus | ResetEra

blog.us.playstation.com   PlayStation at PAX East: Play The Last of Us Part II, Final Fantasy VII Remake, More  Come play games with us!   blog.us.playstation.com blog.us.playstation.com    
UPDATE: Today, Sony Interactive Entertainment made the decision to cancel its participation at PAX East in Boston this year due to increasing concerns related to COVID-19 (also known as "novel coronavirus"). We felt this was the safest option as the situation is changing daily. We are disappointed to cancel our participation in this event, but the health and safety of our global workforce is our highest concern.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  

Dr. Pezus

Legend

The fudge? It's not a problem in Boston lol
I wouldn't pretend to know the health risks. Is this just overly cautious or pointless?

Dr. Pezus

I wouldn't pretend to know the health risks. Is this just overly cautious or pointless?
There are 15 confirmed cases in the US as a whole. By comparison, the yearly flu infects several hundreds of thousands, possibly millions every year there.

Being cautious is good but I don't see how it's relevant for this

Xevross

There are 15 confirmed cases in the US as a whole. By comparison, the yearly flu infects several hundreds of thousands, possibly millions every year there.

Being cautious is good but I don't see how it's relevant for this
This is probably more due to the fact they'd have to pull employees from over the world, many in Japan, into Boston. Japan is experiencing quite a pickup in COVID-19 cases atm so Sony is probably taking precaution against the potential of a disastrous spreading from a Japenesese employee to an entire convention.

the-pi-guy

Thus far the Corona Virus has had very few cases outside of China and Japan.  

Mortality rate looks deadlier than the flu.  

The bigger danger here, even with the fact that people from Japan may have to travel, is the paranoia.  

Dr. Pezus

This is probably more due to the fact they'd have to pull employees from over the world, many in Japan, into Boston. Japan is experiencing quite a pickup in COVID-19 cases atm so Sony is probably taking precaution against the potential of a disastrous spreading from a Japenesese employee to an entire convention.
Still just 75 cases as of yesterday in Japan

Thus far the Corona Virus has had very few cases outside of China and Japan.  

Mortality rate looks deadlier than the flu.  

The bigger danger here, even with the fact that people from Japan may have to travel, is the paranoia.  
In certain regions in China, at least.
The media definitely spins it up  though.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Facebook And Sony Withdraw From The Game Developers Conference

Facebook and Sony pulling out of GDC.
I was planning to go to GDC for the first time this year but had some timing conflicts. Seems I really lucked out. GDC is expensive.

the-pi-guy