Death Stranding Releases November 8th, New Gameplay/ Story Trailer

Started by Xevross, May 29, 2019, 03:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Xevross

Trailer is up, linked in OP!

Man this is the first trailer to make me pumped for this game, looks great but still have no idea what's happening.

Xevross

We don't deserve this man, fudge Konami for what they did to him.

I think the only way this game could have come together so quickly is either its rather short or its a game kojima and his team wanted to make for a long time so knew exactly what they wanted do. Then when they left konami they just went straight into full production on this.

Legend

What a freaking awesome looking game!!!

I had a huge grin for so many parts of that trailer. The world exploration looks amazing, the world itself looks crazy, and I'm intrigued that guns seem to have a minor role in gameplay.

nnodley

Looks great, but man i can't believe how many trailers we have had and yet we still don't really know much.  Kinda get a gist of it, but i feel like there is going to be a ton of background info needed to understand it

it will be around a 2 to 3 year full on production with an already built engine that looks and runs great. Probably had a year or so of pre production as well.

Xevross

Looks great, but man i can't believe how many trailers we have had and yet we still don't really know much.  Kinda get a gist of it, but i feel like there is going to be a ton of background info needed to understand it

it will be around a 2 to 3 year full on production with an already built engine that looks and runs great. Probably had a year or so of pre production as well.
Yeah the trailers have all been purposely weird to hide details from us. The game itself will probably feel really mundane after all this ;D

I need a good bit of gameplay before I pre-order. Gameplay is the reason I was put off metal gear so I need to see this first.

kitler53

oozing with style.  i'm still not convinced on the gameplay.  i'll wait for reviews but probably at least pick this up once on sale.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Smells like another masterpiece. Never know what to expect with Kojima. Sounds like a brilliant idea with a good message

Legend

What is Death Stranding?

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) comes an all-new, genre-defying open world action adventure for PS4, starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner.

In the near future, mysterious explosions have rocked the globe, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With otherworldly creatures plaguing the landscape, and mass extinction imminent, it's up to Sam Porter Bridges to travel across the ravaged wasteland and save humanity from impending annihilation.

Face unique challenges

Arm yourself and take aim at a variety of objectives in your mission to reunite a broken nation, while balancing under the weight of your cargo as you travel. Protect your supplies from wild bandits, and stay safe from the terrifying Beached Things… or face failing those who depend on you.

Death is not the end

There is no traditional 'game over' state in Death Stranding. Lose your life during combat and you'll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living. Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution - and every death carries a consequence

Assist other players

Help other travellers without ever crossing paths via asynchronous online gameplay. Send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilisation.

Heck yes! "killing your foe is almost never the solution" goat right there. Hideos talk back at TGS a few years ago about how games traditionally only focus on giving players "sticks" didn't fully resonate with me until this trailer.

"Lose your life during combat and you'll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living." I worry about this though. Will it just become an annoying thing that happens all the time or will it have meaning?

BananaKing

Looks unique that's for sure. But not sure about the gameplay and if it's fun or not. I'll have to wait on this.

Dr. Pezus

What is Death Stranding?

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) comes an all-new, genre-defying open world action adventure for PS4, starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner.

In the near future, mysterious explosions have rocked the globe, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With otherworldly creatures plaguing the landscape, and mass extinction imminent, it's up to Sam Porter Bridges to travel across the ravaged wasteland and save humanity from impending annihilation.

Face unique challenges

Arm yourself and take aim at a variety of objectives in your mission to reunite a broken nation, while balancing under the weight of your cargo as you travel. Protect your supplies from wild bandits, and stay safe from the terrifying Beached Things… or face failing those who depend on you.

Death is not the end

There is no traditional 'game over' state in Death Stranding. Lose your life during combat and you'll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living. Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution - and every death carries a consequence

Assist other players

Help other travellers without ever crossing paths via asynchronous online gameplay. Send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilisation.

Heck yes! "killing your foe is almost never the solution" goat right there. Hideos talk back at TGS a few years ago about how games traditionally only focus on giving players "sticks" didn't fully resonate with me until this trailer.

"Lose your life during combat and you'll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living." I worry about this though. Will it just become an annoying thing that happens all the time or will it have meaning?
Looks like it will have meaning. They say every death has consequences

Legend