Your Dream Game that will probably never be made

Started by the-pi-guy, May 26, 2019, 05:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Growing up, I was a big fan of Naruto.  The first 60 episodes of Naruto are still some of my favorite tv to watch.  

My dream game growing up was a huge Naruto game.  I even designed controls (funnily enough the controls ended up happening in Skyrim, which was the first game that I played that implemented it.  Though it was not likely anything new at the time), and I had tons of ideas for stuff.  

My imagined game was huge.  Think 100x bigger than Skyrim, with vastly better content, gameplay, etc.  Because of how huge it was, it's not likely to get made ever.  

Does anyone else have things like this?

Legend

I designed so many games when I was younger. As a young young kid I would make fake game covers for my ideas. One was a platform game like spyro where all the characters were made of geometric crystal like shapes. Another game was a Halo 2 inspired battle game with aliens. Every alien would be soft body modelled and the blood inside them would be a fluid simulation.

Later on I became a bit more serious with it and designed around ~20 games with some basic game design documents. Some of these are still really cool imo so I'd love to have the ability to incorporate their ideas into future projects. One game was focused around a police interrogation room and advanced AI. The game would involve VR style talking in an open ended setting. Try to convince the police you are innocent, try escaping, etc.

Then of course I have the games I've thought about since starting VizionEck LLC. One specific dream game that will probably never be made but I still work on is a giant space opera inspired by things like Mass Effect. It takes place in a giant procedural world with trillions and trillions of galaxies. Simultaneously it's incredibly detailed and every single quark in the universe is modeled. Obviously I'm not likely to ever get a large enough team to make it haha.

nnodley

If all can go to plan for me, i'm hoping I can creative direct my own dream game sometime in the near future.  I actually have multiple dream games so i'm sure some may not be made.

kitler53

One game was focused around a police interrogation room and advanced AI. The game would involve VR style talking in an open ended setting. Try to convince the police you are innocent, try escaping, etc.
for an added element of realism no matter what choices you make the game always ends with the cops putting 80 or so rounds in your back in "self-defense".  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens