Crackdown 3 delayed to 2019 says Kotaku: Update, Feb 2019 official

Started by Legend, Jun 07, 2018, 02:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

"Our fans' response to the signature antics and explosive gameplay of "Crackdown 3" has been incredible. To ensure we deliver the experience they deserve, "Crackdown 3" will be launching in Feb 2019. We look forward to sharing more on "Crackdown 3" this Sunday during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing."

DD_Bwest

ha..  but thats not surprising.  ms has completely dropped the ball when it cimes to exclusives

Dr. Pezus

Kerotan

Jun 07, 2018, 11:18 AM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2018, 11:21 AM by Kerotan
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Xevross

This is what they call "development hell".

I wonder if it will actually come out good.

kitler53

This is what they call "development hell".

I wonder if it will actually come out good.
if you believe the rumor at crackdown 3's announcement it was announced before they had figured out who would be developing it.  that means despite being announced 4 years ago it might only have 3 years of development.  that's not quite "hell" yet.  

crackdown was never a top tier franchise.  i doubt this could be really any worse than the "70" crackdown 2 got.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Ludicrous Speed

Crackdown 2 having a 70 meta just shows how pointless MC is. That game was a shame sandwich.

Legend

if you believe the rumor at crackdown 3's announcement it was announced before they had figured out who would be developing it.  that means despite being announced 4 years ago it might only have 3 years of development.  that's not quite "hell" yet.  

crackdown was never a top tier franchise.  i doubt this could be really any worse than the "70" crackdown 2 got.

The game seems to have been in pre-production since 2013. A new crackdown was teased at the initial Xbox One reveal event.

Also 5 years of development isn't bad, but continuously delaying something is. Crackdown 3 was first supposed to release in 2016, then it was announced for 11/7/17, then it was announced for spring 2018, and now it's reportedly 2019. That's almost as bad as VizionEck and yet this is a huge first party game made by people that know what they're doing.

Reportedly MS has decided that they want this game to be a new tentpole like Gears and Halo so most of these delays have been for the single player campaign.

Xevross

if you believe the rumor at crackdown 3's announcement it was announced before they had figured out who would be developing it.  that means despite being announced 4 years ago it might only have 3 years of development.  that's not quite "hell" yet.  

crackdown was never a top tier franchise.  i doubt this could be really any worse than the "70" crackdown 2 got.
I guess what we call hell has changed somewhat thanks to games like FFXVI and TLG, lol. Its pretty bad at least.

Yeah its weird, they seemed like they wanted to make it a big franchise with some of the changes they were making, but it just wasn't working.

Crackdown 2 having a 70 meta just shows how pointless MC is. That game was a shame sandwich.
Well everyone has different opinions on things :P

Legend

"Our fans' response to the signature antics and explosive gameplay of "Crackdown 3" has been incredible. To ensure we deliver the experience they deserve, "Crackdown 3" will be launching in Feb 2019. We look forward to sharing more on "Crackdown 3" this Sunday during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing."

Now official

Xevross

Well at least it has a new release window and its early 2019. I'll be interested to see it at the conference.

Legend

Well at least it has a new release window and its early 2019. I'll be interested to see it at the conference.
But do you expect it to keep to this date?

Xevross

But do you expect it to keep to this date?
If I had to bet I'd say no

Legend

Haha I wish I could like my own posts.

Dr. Pezus

Haha I wish I could like my own posts.
Why