What does Ninty need to do to make you want the NX?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jun 27, 2015, 01:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

It really depends on what the software is like.  
The hardware should be at a price that justifies the software.  If it's similar to Wii U, it should be cheaper, if it manages to do much better it should cost the same as the Wii U.  
Horsepower is nice, but it's not necessary.  To me it doesn't really matter what they do with the hardware as long as they make software to justify it.  If they make some crazy gimmick, that'd be fine as long as they show me that it's awesome.  The problem with gimmicks though, that some companies have, is they don't do anything to justify them.  
Look at motion control
Wii had a few games, but they became forgotten and they didn't really do anything interesting with motion afterwards.  I think this was 1 reason among many why the Wii didn't stick around as long as it [arguably] could've.  
Sony didn't really do anything great with motion controls, aside from some things that Nintendo already did, and to me it seemed like they were heading in the right direction but they messed up.  
Microsoft had some success because they did new stuff too.

3D?
Sony did some stuff, but it's pretty much been dropped.  I think it was too expensive at the time to really be big.  

Wii U gamepad?
They did and are doing some stuff, but there's still untapped potential here and they don't seem to be doing a good job at selling it.  

So if they have a gimmick, they have to show me why it's worthwhile.  The best way to do this is through games.  

Game wise, I feel most of Nintendo is kind of stuck.  They do things in a very certain way.  
Nintendo games kind of exist in a bubble.  
On the brightside, few companies have ever done anything in their bubble.  
Their art style, their quality, their philosophy isn't really done anywhere else.
Could you imagine Sony making a game like Super Mario Bros?
They have similar games, but none with their atmosphere.

On the bad side of things, they haven't done much outside of their bubble.  
Could Nintendo make a game like Uncharted?  The Last of Us?  Bloodborne? inFamous?  Halo?

To get me to buy NX, Nintendo would need to make more games, new games, bring back their old classics and great games they haven't touched in a while.  

Where's Super Mario RPG 2?  Where's Super Mario Galaxy 3?  Where's all the crazy new IPs?