PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

Very. Not interested in playing with the crowd that battle royale mostly appeals to.
Here's a genius idea. Don't play the battle royale mode and stick to the others.

Do you hide in your house with the door locked and the curtains closed? Gotta avoid the battle royale crowd.

Legend

Here's a genius idea. Don't play the battle royale mode and stick to the others.

Do you hide in your house with the door locked and the curtains closed? Gotta avoid the battle royale crowd.
That sounds like battle royale in real life. Gotta hide out till the very end.

But for real are you a big br fan? Not liking the mode being added doesn't seem crazy.

SWORDF1SH

Ok I'll explain.
Battle Royale appeals largely to a certain crowd that I don't want to play with. Adding Battle Royale makes the game more attractive to that crowd. So now, for example, the pool of players used to be only 10% dickheads is now 50% dickheads. They might mainly play the BR mode but you can guarantee that most will also be playing other modes.
Sounds like you like BR but don't take this as a personal shot at you because it's not all BR fans I hate. In Battlefield you have to rely on communication and the last thing I want is to be in a squad with a trash talking screaming 8 year old.

Xevross

Ok I'll explain.
Battle Royale appeals largely to a certain crowd that I don't want to play with. Adding Battle Royale makes the game more attractive to that crowd. So now, for example, the pool of players used to be only 10% dickheads is now 50% dickheads. They might mainly play the BR mode but you can guarantee that most will also be playing other modes.
Sounds like you like BR but don't take this as a personal shot at you because it's not all BR fans I hate. In Battlefield you have to rely on communication and the last thing I want is to be in a squad with a trash talking screaming 8 year old.

Yeah exactly. Plus some of the usual players who were alright might switch to BR mode for most of their games. Overall the player bases of COD and BF are going to become more toxic and annoying as a result.

Kerotan

Ok I'll explain.

No offence but that's a load of battleship.. I'm actually playing a lot of bf4 lately and last night our clan had 2 full squads working together. That's team work. However the average player on bf4 doesn't give a shame about the objective. It's filled with people who want to camp for kills with snipers, players hiding in spawn with artillery and AA tanks and enemies tbagging.

If you want team work on the new battlefield you'll need friends to do so. Same as always. Infact my experience of the BR crowd so far on fortnite and h1z1 is that there's a lot more team work going on then games like battlefield. For starters a hell of a lot more people on fortnite have mics and actually want to communicate unlike battlefield.

I've played bf probably every month for the last 6 or 7 years now and pretending the community is better then other big titles is a load of wank.

@Legend
Like the majority of people I like BR games. They're not my favourite but I do like and enjoy them. The teamwork required to continuously do well makes it a very fun experience. Only rainbow 6 siege has a better team experience but only when I play with my friends because the average random player on that can be pretty dim and is more likely to shoot his own team mate in the head for stealing a kill then working on conms as a team.

SWORDF1SH

No offence but that's a load of battleship.. I'm actually playing a lot of bf4 lately and last night our clan had 2 full squads working together. That's team work. However the average player on bf4 doesn't give a shame about the objective. It's filled with people who want to camp for kills with snipers, players hiding in spawn with artillery and AA tanks and enemies tbagging.

If you want team work on the new battlefield you'll need friends to do so. Same as always. Infact my experience of the BR crowd so far on fortnite and h1z1 is that there's a lot more team work going on then games like battlefield. For starters a hell of a lot more people on fortnite have mics and actually want to communicate unlike battlefield.

I've played bf probably every month for the last 6 or 7 years now and pretending the community is better then other big titles is a load of wank.
You've just described different types of players in Battlefield. Some squad up and work together, some camp, some like to make sniper nests and some like to go solo. What's that got to do with not wanting to play with a young and immature fanbase?

DerNebel

Funny thing I saw at Media Markt today, when I was buying Octopath Traveler. They had a sign out specificly saying that they wouldn't take back any PS4 Fortnite bundles that had been opened. Looks like some people are getting pretty desperate for these V-bucks.

Kerotan

You've just described different types of players in Battlefield. Some squad up and work together, some camp, some like to make sniper nests and some like to go solo. What's that got to do with not wanting to play with a young and immature fanbase?
Oh so that's what you mean by that. Young and immature. Don't worry about them. They will remain on fortnite. It's truly false to tar the entire BR fanbase with that brush. It's like saying the battlefield crowd is immature because it's a shooter so surely the kids from cod will all be on it.

The community on bfv BR could be awesome for the very reason that bf tends to have an older crowd. It's my most anticipated BR game.

SWORDF1SH

Oh so that's what you mean by that. Young and immature. Don't worry about them. They will remain on fortnite. It's truly false to tar the entire BR fanbase with that brush. It's like saying the battlefield crowd is immature because it's a shooter so surely the kids from cod will all be on it.

The community on bfv BR could be awesome for the very reason that bf tends to have an older crowd. It's my most anticipated BR game.

I hope you're right and they stick to Fortnite. BR is being added to broaden it's appeal, not for the Battlefield fans. It's worrying to me what demographic they'll start tapping into.

Kerotan

I hope you're right and they stick to Fortnite. BR is being added to broaden it's appeal, not for the Battlefield fans. It's worrying to me what demographic they'll start tapping into.
I'd argue it's for both because a huge number of battlefield fans would be currently playing battleroyale.

If done right it would be amazing. Battlefield gameplay, vehicles like tanks, destructible environments and good realistic graphics. Fortnite is aiming for that cartoon arcade style but this would be an awesome alternative. I just hope they pull it off. All you need to do is get a team of your friends going, in a private party chat and then it doesn't really matter how old or young the other players are as they won't bother you.

The only reason I'm a little worried about battlefield and cod BR is because they come out in a bit over 2 months and still no in depth look at them.

Dr. Pezus

I'd argue it's for both because a huge number of battlefield fans would be currently playing battleroyale.

If done right it would be amazing. Battlefield gameplay, vehicles like tanks, destructible environments and good realistic graphics. Fortnite is aiming for that cartoon arcade style but this would be an awesome alternative. I just hope they pull it off. All you need to do is get a team of your friends going, in a private party chat and then it doesn't really matter how old or young the other players are as they won't bother you.

The only reason I'm a little worried about battlefield and cod BR is because they come out in a bit over 2 months and still no in depth look at them.
Yeah the br modes will probably release in beta state. Doubt they'll be as polished as fortnite

Legend

Wonder if the br modes will be essentially standalone or if next year they'll get a new release.

SWORDF1SH

I'm not sure about that. Did you see the announcement for BR in Battlefield. Not a good reception at all. I see it as EA cashing in on the BR craze.

Kerotan

I'm not sure about that. Did you see the announcement for BR in Battlefield. Not a good reception at all. I see it as EA cashing in on the BR craze.
Obviously a lot of battlefield players are playing BR. Every genre and game have lost players to it. My whole friends list is full of people playing it. I didn't say all the hard core fans but many of them are.

SWORDF1SH

Obviously a lot of battlefield players are playing BR. Every genre and game have lost players to it. My whole friends list is full of people playing it. I didn't say all the hard core fans but many of them are.
Maybe I'm not being fair. I think my main issues are with the Fortnite fanbase than BR. It's an issue I really haven't discussed and only have basic thoughts on. Now you're discussing it instead of getting personal it's nice to get a bit more perspective on the issue. Fortnite is the face of BR right now which isn't doing it any favours

Go Up