Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

If the add ons are optional then that'd work since they can charge extra for them.

But man would it screw over the gameplay.
Not necessarily.  If the packin right hand is a gamecube or snes like handle, then devs will make games to that.  They can then make extra addons should they choose to.

Legend

Not necessarily.  If the packin right hand is a gamecube or snes like handle, then devs will make games to that.  They can then make extra addons should they choose to.
But the devs can't program any exclusive features if the special controls are optional. We'd end up with "waggle" games vs thing built from the ground up for those inputs.

the-pi-guy

I'm thinking:

darkknightkryta

But the devs can't program any exclusive features if the special controls are optional. We'd end up with "waggle" games vs thing built from the ground up for those inputs.
Think of it like Move addition to games.  Except the money from add-ons will be enough incentive to actually program for them.

Legend

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS - NeoGAF

/Countdown timer/This is a worldwide Nintendo Direct for Nintendo 3DS only. Nintendo explicitly stated there will be no reveal or discussion about NX in this broadcast.Announcement TweetsStream Links

DerNebel

Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker announced for 3DS. Nintendo hard at work to make even the last few people accept that the Wii U is the worst piece of hardware they've ever put out (except the Virtual Boy)

Also that Pikmin game that people were expecting for NX seems to be a sidescroller for 3DS.

Xbro

If that pikmin game truly was the one what people were expecting, it would be called Pikmin 4 and not have a non-final name. They outright confirmed Pikmin 4 is being made, and near completion.
3 people like this

Legend

If that pikmin game truly was the one what people were expecting, it would be called Pikmin 4 and not have a non-final name. They outright confirmed Pikmin 4 is being made, and near completion.
But game names change all the time. IE Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is effectively Luigi's Mansion 2 but it's not called that.

Xbro

But game names change all the time. IE Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is effectively Luigi's Mansion 2 but it's not called that.
Luigi's mansion didn't have a history of having numbers after their initial title to signify which entry it was. Pikmin has 3 entries, no subtitles on any of them. If Miyamoto was really talking about this spin-off, he likely would have said something akin to "a new pikmin game" rather than "Pikmin 4"
3 people like this

DerNebel

Xbro

Game comes out on the 20th? Hopefully I'll have finished AA6 by then.
Atlus producing quality as (almost) always
Can't say I've played an Atlus game that I haven't liked. Well...maybe not Persona 3.
3 people like this

DerNebel

Game comes out on the 20th? Hopefully I'll have finished AA6 by then. Can't say I've played an Atlus game that I haven't liked. Well...maybe not Persona 3.
Persona 3 is great imo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb to me, though even that wasn't bad on a system level, it was just that the setting was awful.

Xbro

Persona 3 is great imo. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb to me, though even that wasn't bad on a system level, it was just that the setting was awful.
I didn't mind the setting in TMS. The only real problem I had with that one was that it dipped it's toe into a lot of different things but it felt like it was too afraid to go all the way.

And I've already made my thoughts clear on Persona 3.
3 people like this

Aura7541

"B...b...but the lyrics!" Samus_Aran would say :P

Go Up