GOW: bet on the metacritic

Started by Legend, Apr 06, 2018, 09:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

I would have gone a fair bit lower if it wasn't for the early embargo. That shows Sony at least expects it 90+.
I'm guessing you haven't been reading any impressions at all then ::)

the-pi-guy

He thinks The Order had similar impressions.

Legend

I'm guessing you forgot this is an industry built on hype and pre release impressions are almost always super positive.

He thinks The Order had similar impressions.
The Order, Halo 5, Gears 4, etc. Big games generate hype from their fans.

the-pi-guy

I'm guessing you forgot this is an industry built on hype and pre release impressions are almost always super positive.
Fake previews!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Xevross

Nah, normal people have got their hands on it now and its still super positive :D

Also you can judge based on what people are saying. The press had pretty much nothing negative to say, while they always voice concerns for games like The Order.

Kerotan

Legend

Updated the OP. So far everyone has their main predictions within the same range.

Nah, normal people have got their hands on it now and its still super positive :D

Also you can judge based on what people are saying. The press had pretty much nothing negative to say, while they always voice concerns for games like The Order.
The hype extends to normal people too. Getting a game early affects their impressions and often times people with negative impressions are ignored. Again it sounds like the game will be great and it should definitely score high but impressions alone only give you a very rough idea of how the game will review imo.

Dr. Pezus

Updated the OP. So far everyone has their main predictions within the same range.

The hype extends to normal people too. Getting a game early affects their impressions and often times people with negative impressions are ignored. Again it sounds like the game will be great and it should definitely score high but impressions alone only give you a very rough idea of how the game will review imo.
That's why we're saying low 90's instead of 100

Legend

Yall put me in a hard spot! I want the game to be great and get great scores but on the other hand if it only gets good scores then you'd understand why I'm more cautious :P

Xevross

Yall put me in a hard spot! I want the game to be great and get great scores but on the other hand if it only gets good scores then you'd understand why I'm more cautious :P
You're right though, it is hard to narrow it down. You can say I told you so if it comes in the 80s :P

Dr. Pezus

Xevross winning!

Xevross

Xevross winning!
Well, obviously. I can see the future.

Legend

It's right in the middle of our predictions. Good job everyone!

And mostly xev

Kerotan

92, 95, 90
Just realised I iced this up. I thought your middle prediction was meant to be the main one and the other two could be high or low. Ah well.

Anyway really want it to hit 95 now just so one of them is right.

Go Up