Forza Motor sports 6 announced

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Jan 13, 2015, 02:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Mario Kart Wii is sitting at 35%. 
That's a kid's game, not a racing game

Max King of the Wild

"This makes it the best-selling racing game by console attach over the past decade" lol wat. This is yet another new way to spin for MS PR lol. I wonder what number they are using for XB1 sales. 8m?
that was in Feb when x1 had 3m. I was looking for Forza sales article when I stumbled on that gem

the-pi-guy

That's a kid's game, not a racing game

Makes sense. 

Dr. Pezus

that was in Feb when x1 had 3m. I was looking for Forza sales article when I stumbled on that gem
And they decide to re-use it now with very, very outdated numbers? Wow if true

Max King of the Wild

And they decide to re-use it now with very, very outdated numbers? Wow if true
no, it was an article I came across. I was sharing it now because it was so hilarious

Dr. Pezus

no, it was an article I came across. I was sharing it now because it was so hilarious
Oh, lol...talk about misleading >_>. Phew, so Forza 5 hasn't sold ~3-4m hehe

Raven

Oh, lol...talk about misleading >_>. Phew, so Forza 5 hasn't sold ~3-4m hehe

In June they tried to say that more than half of all X1 owners played the full version of Forza 5. I think the X1 was around 5 or 6 million then. Clearly they decided to not tell us how many were actually bought. So the question then is how many of those people borrowed the game from a friend or rented it?

Max King of the Wild

In June they tried to say that more than half of all X1 owners played the full version of Forza 5. I think the X1 was around 5 or 6 million then. Clearly they decided to not tell us how many were actually bought. So the question then is how many of those people borrowed the game from a friend or rented it?
free digital code :-D

Shinobi-san

I'm seriously wondering how Turn 10 and PD are going to keep the genre fresh...aside from simply having better graphics.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Max King of the Wild

I'm seriously wondering how Turn 10 and PD are going to keep the genre fresh...aside from simply having better graphics.
they shouldn't have to. It should be a one game per gen title.  Two max

BananaKing

I'm interested to see if the Forza Motorsport name was damaged by Forza 5. A 79 critical average in a franchise known for getting 90+ and low sales by comparison. Yes, it had a lower install base to work with but it also had the advantage that the previous Forza titles were highly regarded and it was a launch title which meant its sales were inflated thanks to people simply buying whatever was available for lack of options. I'm also interested in seeing if Turn 10 can actually produce another entry in the franchise that critics receive well or if, like Polyphony Digital has, they've lost their touch. I also think that the traditional track-based racing games are going to decline in popularity this generation as more people seem to want a greater sense of freedom in their games.

what i am more interested in seeing is if reviewers knock off points for not being open world, and not having a weather system (thats if, it doesnt, which it should)

BananaKing

a realistic weather system that truly effects gameplay is the answer IMO. but driveclub already did that.

Shinobi-san

a realistic weather system that truly effects gameplay is the answer IMO. but driveclub already did that.

yeah i think driveclub was/is on the right track ;-)

They added so many simulation systems in the game. Something as small as the way the rain hits the screen...it appears random almost every time. Also most of their systems were not related to the cars but to the world itself.

They will probably have to do something similar if they want to keep things fresh. First and foremost though should be a good game. Something i think both havent managed to quite get right last gen imo.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Rorono

they shouldn't have to. It should be a one game per gen title.  Two max

Have to agree

I bought GT3. Then GT5.
I bought Motorstorm 1. That was it
I tried Forza 2. That was it.
I've bought Driveclub and will not buy Driveclub 2 (if it gets made)

I'll never buy a racing sequel within the same generation. Just like i wouldn't buy updated versions of fighters or yearly sports games.
I'd rather the generational length be used to build upon the game that was already released. Instead of a new full priced release.
If the studios need a new full priced release in order to remain profitable or efficient, then make them do an entirely different one while a team stays updating the other one. as an example, Evo would continue to update DC for a long time while developing a new open world Motorstorm (or a track based rally game if they prefer), to be released in 2016 or 2017. After that game was out, they'd start working on a new (DC?) for PS5.

Dr. Pezus

Copy DriveClub but have a lot more cars, tracks and more realistic physics

Go Up