Video Game Sales Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I saw someone on Reddit not only proclaim that the Switch would outsell the Wii but also that every Nintendo franchise that would release on the system would break sales records for Nintendo as well (so Pokemon Switch = best selling Pokemon game ever etc.). Of course that comment was upvoted.

That's why I said a couple months ago that the next few months would be kinda annoying, there's a lot of really delusional Nintendo fans out there and they are god dang obnoxious about it as well.
Yeah exactly.

Switch does seem to be doing great but Nintendo fans just want to live in an echo chamber of celebration. This has been happening so much nowadays it's disgusting. Xbox E3 games are having it happen, Scorpio was having it happen, and No Man's sky had it happen. When you get to the point where fans are making exaggerated "hate" posts as jokes but other fans think they're legit, it's a feedback loop that spirals into more trash.

If ARMS gets good reviews, I think it'll be a Splatoon level success. It's already developed a large following and just has a great artistic setup.