Started by Legend, Mar 04, 2015, 07:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Hmmm okay. 
Benefits?

BasilZero

Eh....

I'll stick with my xbox360 controller and will use my future DS4 when I get a PS4 later this year ;p.

Dr. Pezus

Dem curves though.

@Basil: Steam Controller is designed to be usable even with games that don't normally support controllers, like RTS games.

7H3

that doesn't even look good... looks worse than xbox controller which is my least favorite controller
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

I want to touch it.

darkknightkryta

I wanna know why it's gonna be useful for strategy games.

Legend

I wanna know why it's gonna be useful for strategy games.

Cause it has a touchpad like a laptop.

I don't get it either. Who ever plays games on a laptop using the trackpad? It sucks for games and it sucks for browsing. It just sucks for everything, but it's the best option for a laptop. With game controllers though, there are much better options.

If I was making this, I'd put the touchpad on the upper right. Dpad on the upper left, and two sticks on the bottom. Basically playstation except right buttons replaced with touchpad. That'd give it so much more flexibility, ala a best of both worlds approach. Really really don't see why a touchpad on the left makes sense. Computer games use wasd. That's even less precise than playing with a d'pad.

darkknightkryta

Cause it has a touchpad like a laptop.

I don't get it either. Who ever plays games on a laptop using the trackpad? It sucks for games and it sucks for browsing. It just sucks for everything, but it's the best option for a laptop. With game controllers though, there are much better options.

If I was making this, I'd put the touchpad on the upper right. Dpad on the upper left, and two sticks on the bottom. Basically playstation except right buttons replaced with touchpad. That'd give it so much more flexibility, ala a best of both worlds approach. Really really don't see why a touchpad on the left makes sense. Computer games use wasd. That's even less precise than playing with a d'pad.

Except there's no touchpad O_O.  Unless the second analogue stick replacement counts as one.  in which case, is worse than using the touch pad on the Dual Shock 4

kitler53

looks awkward to me but i suppose i'm willing to wait for hands on testimony.   still,.. this controller is probably the biggest reason i'm weary on the viability of steam machines.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

looks awkward to me but i suppose i'm willing to wait for hands on testimony.   still,.. this controller is probably the biggest reason i'm weary on the viability of steam machines.

looking at pricing and specs of the steam machines i have no hope for it. Over priced underpowered and many with little to no upgrade options. It seems most are made of laptops parts. Granted so are our consoles but they aren't over priced either.  It as if they don't understand that pricing is part of the reason console are so popular.