Eurogamer drops scores and withdraws from metacritic

Started by DerNebel, Feb 10, 2015, 10:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

I'm lazy and feel that we can give them a click for this since I think this is a great move, so I'll just link the article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-10-eurogamer-has-dropped-review-scores

Personally I hope that we'll see more sites moving in that direction and that metacritic continues to lose its importance in the industry, bonus payments depending on metacritic scores is awful imo, especially since metacritic is at this point nothing more than a tool for fanboys to use for circlejerking about their system of choice/ against the system they've decided to hate.

BananaKing

good. i hope more sites follow suit. metacritic is a pain in the dog for the entire industry. the longer the industry moves away from it the better.

Rorono

Good. Still not visiting them though.

Dr. Pezus

DriveClub is not recommended though so they still suck >_> (they recommend the crew lol)

Rorono

DriveClub is not recommended though so they still suck >_> (they recommend the crew lol)

but DC is a corridor racer.

Raven

So first Polygon does provisional reviews and now Eurogamer drops their review scores entirely. My god would it not be beautiful to see Metacritic be rendered irrelevant?

Rorono

Joystiq dropped scores too. But then they got dropped..

Dr. Pezus

Max King of the Wild

Good. The funny thing is the try to defend giving scores in the past And says it doesn't work ANYmore.....  Dudes, it's never worked and I think everyone knew it

Legend

Why are they leaving metacritic?

MC has a policy that if the review doesn't have a score, then they'll read the review and come up with one themselves.

Dr. Pezus

MC has a policy that if the review doesn't have a score, then they'll read the review and come up with one themselves.
Really? o.O

DerNebel

I think you just answered your own question don't you think?