Mass Effect Andromeda: bet on MC, win a lot of money (same rules as zelda)

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Mar 16, 2017, 05:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Mar 20, 2017, 03:37 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 03:38 PM by the-pi-guy
So 7.5 is a bad score?  I mentioned that it's sad that Mass Effect took a plummet to a 75 metacritic, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, hell it's a "good" game by all accounts.  Kinda like how people are bringing the pitch forks for Jim giving Breath of the Wild a 7  out of 10.  Like we were all literally talking about this recently, which is what I was talking about.
It's not that 75 makes it a bad game. 
The reason it's disappointing is because it's clearly a major drop in quality from previous games. 
The original ME received a 91.  The second game received a 96.  The third game received a 93. 
This is a series that critically is very similar to Uncharted.  Slightly better than even. 
This is basically a drop from being on of the highest rated franchises of all time to being a moderate title. 

The only people who have really commented on it are Raven and Xev. 
Raven was talking about what I just mentioned.
Xev was also disappointed.  People were starting to have some pretty low opinions of the game, and were expecting reviewers to be more critical than typically done.  And the game is still 8 points lower than the worst expectation.  Which is shocking for what was again, one of the highest rated franchises last gen. 

Besides no one here is picking up pitchforks and trying to hack all the reviewers. 

People are just very disappointed, that the game didn't even reach their already low expectations.  That's not an unreasonable reaction.