Direct is Today! New Predictuons? Same?

Viewing single post

Started by Cute Pikachu, Sep 13, 2018, 01:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

DerNebel

Clearly not the same thing.

Fans are always going to get hyped, and fans are going to be more positive as well.
Fans of the other two are able to actually criticize their shows, if they don't live up to their admittedly often also ridiculous expectations. Sony for instance got a ton of shame for their last two E3 showings.

Since the start of the year I bought two games on Switch, Celeste and Octopath Traveler, both are good games, but for the foreseeable future I see nothing on the horizon for Switch that I want to play. So I'm very much annoyed at the constant blowing out of proportion of these Directs by the entire internet, just for them to always end up being 80% old ports (seriously does anybody else remember how much Nintendo fans shimed on the PS4 for being a "port machine" back in 2014?) in addition to some B-Tier Nintendo franchises, as well as some teases of their bigger IP, without actually showing much if anything of them. Outside of Smash, that is essentially what their 2018 lineup of Directs has been up to this point.