Todd Howard blames Sony for no cross play in Fallout 76

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 30, 2018, 03:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

Jul 05, 2018, 03:21 AM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2018, 03:25 AM by Kerotan
From what I've seen its more disappointed playstation players, like me.

"He did it first" is never a reason for anything. Sony are the bad guys for doing this, and it hurts us playstation gamers as much as anyone else, possibly even more so. Sony claimed to be "for the gamers" this whole gen, but they're proving that they care the least about gamers out of the big three.

They should just allow cross play like Nintendo and Microsoft do, it has way more benefits than downsides now.
I've asked my ps4 buddies about this and they all say fudge xbox we don't want to play with them. And these are men in their 30's and 40's who don't visit forums or read gaming news. If you live outside the US and you are dumb enough to buy and xbox you deserve to not to be able to play with your friends.

Anyway If Sony allow this they will lose sales and xbox will gain them. Lose lose for Sony.

Yeah, it may cause them to make a direct loss but indirectly or in the long run I believe it would be positive for them, not to mention the good-will and positivity it would create.

Sony has amazing exclusives, as long as they keep that up then playstation will remain this popular. All they need to do is match Xbox on price. I doubt it'd come to a PC 2.0 type of thing, but it may become close. However if that does happen, and Sony doesn't want any part of it, I think that would be bad for Sony, not good.

Not many people would want to miss out on the connect console ecosystem, I know I wouldn't. I'd only ever play exclusives on playstation. If Sony stay on the ball and allow crossplay etc. then I don't see myself ever moving to xbox or elsewhere for multiplats/ online games. As it is, I'm considering switching to xbox as my main console and just have a PS on the side for the occasional exclusives next gen, especially if Xbox continue to progress with this.
You just mentioned another negative. If cross play becomes standard then EA and Activision can make their own console and Sony loses out.