PewDiePie says N word

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 10, 2017, 09:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

GAF has two threads on it, each with thousands of posts. More than 2400 posts between the two.

darkknightkryta

That Sean guy sounds jealous as fudge.

Xevross

Pewdiepie being a crustard isn't news any more. I never liked him anyway

BananaKing

How many black people have said the N word on YouTube?

Dr. Pezus

Who hasn't said something they regret while playing competitive video games lol. Come on

Xevross

Sep 11, 2017, 01:11 AM Last Edit: Sep 11, 2017, 01:13 AM by Xevross
Who hasn't said something they regret while playing competitive video games lol. Come on
Well Pewdiepie is actually racist so who knows what he meant by this. Also there's something you regret and then there's this word. I've never said it while playing games, and I've never heard anyone else say it before.

the-pi-guy

I really have to wonder what kind of language you see people use during competitive games.  There's other words that I'd imagine coming up first....  

He's done some pretty racist stuff.  

"hiring two dancers in Sri Lanka to hold up a sign saying 'Death to all Jews,' segueing into different clips using a picture of Hitler, and doing the Nazi salute while a voice-over says 'Sieg Heil.' He also paid a Jesus impersonator to say that 'Hitler did nothing wrong.'

Dr. Pezus

Well Pewdiepie is actually racist so who knows what he meant by this. Also there's something you regret and then there's this word. I've never said it while playing games, and I've never heard anyone else say it before.
Source?

A couple of bad intended jokes don't make him a racist. He apologized for that.

I really have to wonder what kind of language you see people use during competitive games.  There's other words that I'd imagine coming up first....  

He's done some pretty racist stuff.  

Well when I was playing we'd use Icelandic and would be all kinds of things. Definitely something once in a while we wouldn't say in public.

But in that video that was clearly something he accidentally blurted out. He even said sorry right after.

This word really baffles me. Some people use it all the time and are fine with it but when a rich youtuber accidentally says it (once!) while focusing on a game he is suddenly racist as fudge

SWORDF1SH

Let's not overreact ffs.

the-pi-guy

Well when I was playing we'd use Icelandic and would be all kinds of things. Definitely something once in a while we wouldn't say in public.
Just to be honest here, you guys don't really have a word like this...
Iceland doesn't really have a history of slavery and racism, so they don't really have a word like it in the language.  English does though. 

The word isn't "vulgar". 
It isn't something you don't say in public.  Words like f*ck, sh*t are in that category. 
This word is in its in category altogether. 

But in that video that was clearly something he accidentally blurted out. He even said sorry right after.

This word really baffles me. Some people use it all the time and are fine with it but when a rich youtuber accidentally says it (once!) while focusing on a game he is suddenly racist as fudge
Eh, he kind of did.

There are kind of two words.  Ni**a and Ni**er.  The latter is something that most people would say that no one is allowed to say.  The former is something that is usually a bit more allowed, usually if used by black people.  Some people wouldn't even say then...

I'm not sure how someone can accidentally say something like that. 

Have you ever accidentally said "kill all the Jews"?

Dr. Pezus

Well the word is a bad profanity and just like other profanities it can be blurted out accidentally. It's just one word.

Kill all the jews is a sentence which one needs to use more brainpower to form

the-pi-guy

Well the word is a bad profanity and just like other profanities it can be blurted out accidentally. It's just one word.

Kill all the jews is a sentence which one needs to use more brainpower to form
It isn't profanity though.  

How about "kill Jews", it is 2 syllables just like the word.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Pi, i think your forgetting that he comes from a country where the word doesnt have the same weight. Its just another bad word to them. We are the only place that has the baggage that comes along with the use of the word.

DerNebel

Pi, i think your forgetting that he comes from a country where the word doesnt have the same weight. Its just another bad word to them. We are the only place that has the baggage that comes along with the use of the word.
Pewdiepie knows the weight of the word, I'm pretty sure you'd have difficulties finding people in his age group in western Europe that don't know the meaning of that word at all, let alone someone that is so involved in a US centric community like Youtube..