Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

TP was my most fav zelda ;(

TP is also my favourite :/

@Legend so I think its safe to say I was right about Mario Kart and Smash Bros not pushing a lot of Wii Us.  Which means I'm right and you're wrong >:D

Raven

I honestly believe that if Nintendo comes out with a console that can be close enough to the competition in power, adopts the same general control scheme as its default, builds a more robust online infrastructure, and does more to give itself an image with more of an edge by having more adult oriented titles like Bayonetta while still offering the old warhorse franchises, they could really be a force in the next generation. Considering that it seems the handheld market is almost sure to be swallowed up by smartphones and tablets, it's probably in their best interest.

the-pi-guy

I honestly believe that if Nintendo comes out with a console that can be close enough to the competition in power, adopts the same general control scheme as its default, builds a more robust online infrastructure, and does more to give itself an image with more of an edge by having more adult oriented titles like Bayonetta while still offering the old warhorse franchises, they could really be a force in the next generation. Considering that it seems the handheld market is almost sure to be swallowed up by smartphones and tablets, it's probably in their best interest.

I don't think so.  I think Nintendo is seen too much as a kids friendly and mature unfriendly brand to really change that around, especially over say one generation. 

Raven

I don't think so.  I think Nintendo is seen too much as a kids friendly and mature unfriendly brand to really change that around, especially over say one generation. 

Not necessarily. If Nintendo comes out and reveals a new console with a bunch of edgy titles and a different kind of presentation they could pull it off. It just depends on how much work they put into it.

BasilZero

Not necessarily. If Nintendo comes out and reveals a new console with a bunch of edgy titles and a different kind of presentation they could pull it off. It just depends on how much work they put into it.

That wont happen with the current leadership.

Raven

I'm just saying that if they did actually do that it may work. They have to know that the way they're going now is not going to last them much longer.

the-pi-guy

Sure, it would help them do much better, but I don't think they'd be able to really pull off great success because they won't be able to get around the largest markets. 

darkknightkryta

Here in lies the problem...

Legend

Nintendo's family image is super valuable. They'd be crazy to try and change that.

Instead they need an additional brand that's focused on mature games. Say they buy the xbox division. Nintendo makes a beefy system but they still make family games like they always have. Then they have xbox devs making halo, gears of war, fable, etc. These games are released exclusivly on Nintendo systems as "XBOX PRESENTS" or something like that. Problemsolved.

Dr. Pezus

That's because most of the indies on PC suck. Well most indies in general suck.

The good ones are completely worth $20 and up. Journey, Unfinished Swan, Anti Chamber, VizionEck, etc.
I hate that I'm kind of stuck in AntiChamber and there's no real walkthrough online

Dr. Pezus

The only way Nintendo can compete is with an "innovation" to differentiate it from the other consoles. This innovation must be something hot, not something like a tablet controller...

Dr. Pezus

Nintendo's family image is super valuable. They'd be crazy to try and change that.

Instead they need an additional brand that's focused on mature games. Say they buy the xbox division. Nintendo makes a beefy system but they still make family games like they always have. Then they have xbox devs making halo, gears of war, fable, etc. These games are released exclusivly on Nintendo systems as "XBOX PRESENTS" or something like that. Problemsolved.
Hehe they'd need to spend a shitton of money to buy the XBox division and all its IPs. I mean, Minecraft alone costs 1B! Buying the Xbox division would probably be the death of them.

Legend

I hate that I'm kind of stuck in AntiChamber and there's no real walkthrough online

I've beat it multiple times. How are you stuck?

Legend

Hehe they'd need to spend a shitton of money to buy the XBox division and all its IPs. I mean, Minecraft alone costs 1B! Buying the Xbox division would probably be the death of them.

Minecraft cost over a billion because Notch wasn't looking to sell. Yeah if Nintendo went to Microsoft and asked them to name a price it'd be way too much for Nintendo to realistically spend. However I'm only thinking of this as Microsoft dumping the division and looking for a bulk buyer. Ninty could get the whole thing dirt cheap.

Dr. Pezus

Nintendo direct in less than an hour! Yayyyy!!!!

Go Up