General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

This one feels less honest than the monty hall problem.

The problem itself tells you you picked a yellow ball so you jump into thinking it's a box vs box question, ignoring that initial part.

Meanwhile monty hall can work in real life.
Its still a given scenario and a problem for you to think about, sure it leads you a little bit but that's just in the nature of the question and is more a fault of the human mind. Regardless, it shouldn't take too long for you to work out 2/3 or be convinced of it.

Yeah, monty hall doesn't make your first choice for you, so its more applicable.

Dr. Pezus

I don't recognize this Monty hall thingie

Xevross

I don't recognize this Monty hall thingie
Its the one with three doors and a car behind one of them

Dr. Pezus

Its the one with three doors and a car behind one of them
I don't think I've heard about it. Is it something you're taught in school? Maybe I know of it in a different form

Legend

I don't think I've heard about it. Is it something you're taught in school? Maybe I know of it in a different form
It was from a game show.

One door has a good thing behind it, the other 2 have a bad thing behind them. The player picks a door and then the host shows one of the other doors has a bad thing behind it. Then the player can stick with the door they selected or switch to the other unopened door.

Dr. Pezus

It was from a game show.

One door has a good thing behind it, the other 2 have a bad thing behind them. The player picks a door and then the host shows one of the other doors has a bad thing behind it. Then the player can stick with the door they selected or switch to the other unopened door.
Ah then I've seen it before!

I would switch

Xevross

Ah then I've seen it before!

I would switch
As you should!

Dr. Pezus

Really sad watching all this unfold. What's even sadder is that it seems not many are aware of the symptoms of mania.

Xevross

Anyone else's chrome updated so that if you put the cursor right to the edge it goes off the scroll bar and changes to the re-size icon? Its pissing me off, I just to just shove my mouse to the edge and click to scroll but now I can't do that.

Legend

Anyone else's chrome updated so that if you put the cursor right to the edge it goes off the scroll bar and changes to the re-size icon? Its pissing me off, I just to just shove my mouse to the edge and click to scroll but now I can't do that.
Not for me in full screen.

Really sad watching all this unfold. What's even sadder is that it seems not many are aware of the symptoms of mania.
What is this?

Dr. Pezus

Not for me in full screen.
What is this?
You don't know fousey?

Well he's a youtuber with millions of subscribers who has previously said he's bipolar. He decided to stop taking his medication recently and has been having a major god complex since then and doing +saying ridiculous things, in a mania that is.

What makes it worse is that he actually has quite a bit of money to spend and he has tons of people who like him so it just drives his mania even further. Reminds me a bit of Kanye west and Charlie sheen back in the day except this guy actually makes his own videos and probably doesn't do drugs as much.

Xevross

We might be getting some rain this weekend! Hurrah!

Dr. Pezus

We might be getting some rain this weekend! Hurrah!
Give us your sun

4 sunny days since late April now

Xevross

Give us your sun

4 sunny days since late April now
Oh gladly, you can have it for a week and it can rain non-stop here and refill our reservoirs.

Jesus, I feel like we've only had 4 non-sunny days.

Dr. Pezus

Oh gladly, you can have it for a week and it can rain non-stop here and refill our reservoirs.

Jesus, I feel like we've only had 4 non-sunny days.
Lol. Where's the perfect balance Thanos promised?

Go Up