Elders react to Oculus Rift

Started by Dr. Pezus, Aug 28, 2014, 07:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

If Sony incorporates their eye tracker into their HMD it will be game over for any point that guy thinks he has right now. As it will help make the ps4 seem many times more powerful than it actually is, as the ps4 will only need to fully render what your looking at that very second. Plus songs tracking is superior anyway, add the break out box and you have some serious advantages for morphous

ethomaz

what do you mean?  they haven't developed any secondary input (aka controller)?

Yeap... you use the controller like a weapon but you move is your own body... you free move in the 3D world... that how they demo at E3.

Oculus Rift forces you to be sit down.

Legend

what do you mean?  they haven't developed any secondary input (aka controller)?

DK only works with rotation and dk2 only tracks motion in a very limited area.

PM works fully within a 3 meter cube or so. You can physically walk around a bit.

ethomaz

DK only works with rotation and dk2 only tracks motion in a very limited area.

PM works fully within a 3 meter cube or so. You can physically walk around a bit.

It is because they use the PlayRoom tech to track the movements with the PS Camera.

Oculus Rift uses something like a giroscopio (I don't know the english name)... like the cellphones.

Legend

It is because they use the PlayRoom tech to track the movements with the PS Camera.

Oculus Rift uses something like a giroscopio (I don't know the english name)... like the cellphones.

DK2 uses a camera as well, but it's pretty minimal in tracking area.
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/ZlJ5ShKOVUOtImyt.large

kitler53

Oculus Rift uses something like a gyroscopio (I don't know the english name)... like the cellphones.

well shame,.. OR sounds terrible now compared to PM.  sony kind of got lucky there because move was great at tracking they have a lot of experience there now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

ethomaz

well shame,.. OR sounds terrible now compared to PM.  sony kind of got lucky there because move was great at tracking they have a lot of experience there now.

Well... Legend corrected me... they added a camera tracking in DK2.

7H3

I think this is cooler in the movie "Her"
Not a valid vimeo URL
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

"The Morpheus as it exists today is really pushing the limits of the PS4," Luckey said in a recent interview with Kotaku. "And it's still not as good as DK2.
'should I get Oculus on PC or Morpheus on PS4 because I have both and I don't know which one I'd rather have?' A tiny number people are going to do that."

How is the DK2 any better? 
That's because people will get whichever one they have that they play more. 

Go Up