PS4™ System Update History (v2.02 Live)

Started by ethomaz, Jun 03, 2014, 05:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

ethomaz

Legend

All games.

Yes. It's based of the record button. If the game/content can be recorded/streamed, it can be shareplayed.

the-pi-guy

Yes. It's based of the record button. If the game/content can be recorded/streamed, it can be shareplayed.

Sweet stuff. 

kitler53

i know i'll see soon enough but any insights into that hour limit specifically wrt to virtual couch co-op?  i just imagine the hour hitting at the most inappropriate time ever while co-oping and cause us to "wipe".   i absolutely get why an hour limit make sense if you are letting a friend play your system,.. that could easily be abused.   but if both players are actively playing i think that hour limit should be ignored.

and remember,. no one comes to this site so anything you say is basically still confidential so you can spill all the juicy details.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i know i'll see soon enough but any insights into that hour limit specifically wrt to virtual couch co-op?  i just imagine the hour hitting at the most inappropriate time ever while co-oping and cause us to "wipe".   i absolutely get why an hour limit make sense if you are letting a friend play your system,.. that could easily be abused.   but if both players are actively playing i think that hour limit should be ignored.

and remember,. no one comes to this site so anything you say is basically still confidential so you can spill all the juicy details.

Each session is capped at an hour.

Also it works a lot like remote play. If you lose your connection or what not, the game just pauses. No biggy.

Raven

Each session is capped at an hour.

Also it works a lot like remote play. If you lose your connection or what not, the game just pauses. No biggy.

I'm still not quite clear on how the limitation works. I get that each session lasts one hour but how many of these sessions can you have?

Legend

I'm still not quite clear on how the limitation works. I get that each session lasts one hour but how many of these sessions can you have?

It's limited to one per hour.

Raven

It's limited to one per hour.

Okay so let me see if I understand what you're saying. I could use SharePlay, for example, to play a friend's copy of The Last of Us but I'm locked to only being able to play that for the next 60 minutes. After that 60 minutes is up can I initiate another SharePlay session immediately and play another game or even the same one again for another 60 minutes?

Xevross

Okay so let me see if I understand what you're saying. I could use SharePlay, for example, to play a friend's copy of The Last of Us but I'm locked to only being able to play that for the next 60 minutes. After that 60 minutes is up can I initiate another SharePlay session immediately and play another game or even the same one again for another 60 minutes?

Bingo!

Legend

Bingo

Raven

Bingo!

Alright now that is awesome. I was under the impression that you were only able to do one SharePlay session a day or a week. Being able to initiate a new session every 60 minutes as long as your friend agrees is amazing.

ethomaz

You can start a new session before the 60 minutes ends... you can have only one session per time and it lives 60 minutes... the sessions are controlled in a party chat (you can have a lot of guys there but only one with Share Play session per time).

So you can play a fullgame since you friend open a session for you each 60 minutes.

I call that more a nuisance than a limitation.

kitler53

You can start a new session before the 60 minutes ends... you can have only one session per time and it lives 60 minutes... the sessions are controlled in a party chat (you can have a lot of guys there but only one with Share Play session per time).

So you can play a fullgame since you friend open a session for you each 60 minutes.

I call that more a nuisance than a limitation.

i feel like that's a pretty big nuisance though especially if you are co-oping.  can you imagine if every hour your party got kicked out of a destiny raid and forced you to reload?!  fudge no i wouldn't like that.  i "get it" with shareplay but i think the concerns are much smaller than the annoyance of a 1 hour limit demands.  this really, imo, hamstrings the awesomness that otherwise would be shareplay.

at the very list have a dialog that opens and says "are you still there" like what pandora does.  If i click yes the session continues.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

Go Up