How's work?

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 18, 2014, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

The grocery store I work at is closing down this week.  They're moving me to another store quite far away (half hour).  I'm gonna double down and start looking at teaching positions again next week.

How's that going?

darkknightkryta

How's that going?

A contact gave me a lead.  I sent an e-mail to follow up, but it was 4:30 when I sent the e-mail out.  I'm not sure if its going to get lost in the mess of mail come Monday.

the-pi-guy

A contact gave me a lead.  I sent an e-mail to follow up, but it was 4:30 when I sent the e-mail out.  I'm not sure if its going to get lost in the mess of mail come Monday.

Keep me updated. 

the-pi-guy

There are some people that aren't techy at all, but you can still explain stuff to them.   Then there are others, that I sit there thinking how can I explain this to them?
Like there was someone that didn't even understand that you still needed to plug the box in, even though it had wifi.

There was a guy who commented that he was going to buy 2 laptops.  One for gaming, one for school. 
I told him if I bought any of these laptops, I would buy that one over that one.  He's like, no this one's got a Terabyte hdd!!!
Then he commented that he'd just overclock the CPU. 
Then I told him, overclocking doesn't fix everything. 
Then he said something about being a level 2, and this guy will show him some tricks, because he's a level 3. 

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

Tonight was fun. 
Set up two PS4s for midnight event for CoD. 
Tried to set up an Xbox One, but it needed an internet connection. 
PS4's were so easy to set up. 

Riderz1337

The grocery store I work at is closing down this week.  They're moving me to another store quite far away (half hour).  I'm gonna double down and start looking at teaching positions again next week.

I work at a grocery store too lol...I started in August.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Riderz1337

There are some people that aren't techy at all, but you can still explain stuff to them.   Then there are others, that I sit there thinking how can I explain this to them?
Like there was someone that didn't even understand that you still needed to plug the box in, even though it had wifi.

There was a guy who commented that he was going to buy 2 laptops.  One for gaming, one for school. 
I told him if I bought any of these laptops, I would buy that one over that one.  He's like, no this one's got a Terabyte hdd!!!
Then he commented that he'd just overclock the CPU. 
Then I told him, overclocking doesn't fix everything. 
Then he said something about being a level 2, and this guy will show him some tricks, because he's a level 3. 

Overclock CPU for maximum graphics bruh.

BTW isn't overclocking a Laptop a horrible idea lol?

the-pi-guy

Overclock CPU for maximum graphics bruh.

BTW isn't overclocking a Laptop a horrible idea lol?

It's a pretty bad idea. 
Laptops aren't made for it, the heat and the power would create a big issue. 

Shinobi-san

work is pretty slow at the moment...im assuming its because its the end of the year. Nobody wants to do anything this time of the year!

But dang im going to go insane if i don't get something decent to work on!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

darkknightkryta

I work at a grocery store too lol...I started in August.

Which chain?

Dr. Pezus

I have no work, just school (which is work in itself...)

Legend

Work is good.

And super stressful/scary.

Riderz1337

darkknightkryta

Go Up