November 2016 NPD Results PS4 #1

Started by Xevross, Dec 08, 2016, 09:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Those numbers would be really bad for both MS and Sony.

Also you'd have to say its more likely XB1 will win December based on those numbers.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Also you'd have to say its more likely XB1 will win December based on those numbers.
Well cyber monday counts for December. so we know they started the month a head. it will be close again, but i think theyll take December too.

Aura7541

As Tacos said, PS4 already has the lead from winning Cyber Monday. Also, the FFXV LE bundle sold out and the game favors the PS4 way more than the XBO.

Dead Rising 4 is going to do nothing for the XBO based on its reception and Microsoft's atrocious advertising for it. TLG, on the other hand, has better reception though Sony underestimated the demand

Max King of the Wild

Logic doesn't follow

Aura7541

Importing my comment from Chartz:

So I took a look at past sold-through figures Sony announced:

- The PS4 sold 18.5 million by the end of 2014.
- Sold 30 million by November 25, 2015.
- Sold 35.9 million by the end of 2015.
- Sold 50 million by December 6, 2016.

So, the PS4 sold 11.5 million units from the beginning of 2015 to just before BF 2015 while it sold 14.1 million units from the beginning of 2016 to Dec 6. Though we don't know how much the PS4 sold after BF 2015, I think it is reasonable to guess that the PS4 is slightly up YOY or flat in WW YTD sales since Black Friday in non-American countries is bigger this year than last year.

Assuming the 1.1 million figure is true, then the PS4 is down YOY by 440K units for November in the US. Prior to November, the PS4 was already down YOY by ~190K units in the US, meaning it is down by a total of 530K units. We know that in the UK, the PS4 is up YOY just be a smidge (3%) for Black Friday. I don't know if it is up YTD or not, so if someone can help me on this, thanks. This means that the rest of Europe, East Asia, SE Asia, and other regions of the world must have really picked up the slack in order to cancel out the big YOY decrease in the US.

Of course, this is if the PS4 sold 1.1 million for November NPD.

SWORDF1SH

Importing my comment from Chartz:

So I took a look at past sold-through figures Sony announced:

- The PS4 sold 18.5 million by the end of 2014.
- Sold 30 million by November 25, 2015.
- Sold 35.9 million by the end of 2015.
- Sold 50 million by December 6, 2016.

So, the PS4 sold 11.5 million units from the beginning of 2015 to just before BF 2015 while it sold 14.1 million units from the beginning of 2016 to Dec 6. Though we don't know how much the PS4 sold after BF 2015, I think it is reasonable to guess that the PS4 is slightly up YOY or flat in WW YTD sales since Black Friday in non-American countries is bigger this year than last year.

Assuming the 1.1 million figure is true, then the PS4 is down YOY by 440K units for November in the US. Prior to November, the PS4 was already down YOY by ~190K units in the US, meaning it is down by a total of 530K units. We know that in the UK, the PS4 is up YOY just be a smidge (3%) for Black Friday. I don't know if it is up YTD or not, so if someone can help me on this, thanks. This means that the rest of Europe, East Asia, SE Asia, and other regions of the world must have really picked up the slack in order to cancel out the big YOY decrease in the US.

Of course, this is if the PS4 sold 1.1 million for November NPD.
You copy and paste joker!

Aura7541

Dec 10, 2016, 11:15 PM Last Edit: Dec 10, 2016, 11:23 PM by Aura7541
You copy and paste joker!
#Analysis :P

If you guys are curious about the percentage of WW sales the US encompass for both consoles, here are the calculations:

PS4 US sales (pretending that Windows Central numbers are true) = 15.93 million
PS4 WW sales = 50 million
PS4 US % = 31.86%

XBO US sales as of the end of 2015 = 11.12 million
XBO WW sales as of the end of 2015 = 19.1 million (based on EA's PS4 + XBO estimates)
XBO US % as of the end of 2015 = 58.22%

SWORDF1SH

#Analysis :P

If you guys are curious about the percentage of WW sales the US encompass for both consoles, here are the calculations:

PS4 US sales (pretending that Windows Central numbers are true) = 15.93 million
PS4 WW sales = 50 million
PS4 US % = 31.86%

XBO US sales as of the end of 2015 = 11.12 million
XBO WW sales as of the end of 2015 = 19.1 million (based on EA's PS4 + XBO estimates)
XBO US % as of the end of 2015 = 58.22%
That XB1 US percentage is pretty high. if the percentages still hold true that would put XB1 at around 25M worldwide.

Aura7541

That XB1 US percentage is pretty high. if the percentages still hold true that would put XB1 at around 25M worldwide.
Yep, based on my calculations, XBO WW sales would be 24.62 million units, though this is assuming that Windows Central's November NPD numbers are correct and if the US % remained the same. However, it is very possible that the US has now taken a larger share of the XBO's WW sales. Let's say the US now makes up 60% of WW sales. Then, the XBO has sold 23.89 million units.

darkknightkryta

Yep, based on my calculations, XBO WW sales would be 24.62 million units, though this is assuming that Windows Central's November NPD numbers are correct and if the US % remained the same. However, it is very possible that the US has now taken a larger share of the XBO's WW sales. Let's say the US now makes up 60% of WW sales. Then, the XBO has sold 23.89 million units.
Are we at year 3 or year 4?

Aura7541

Are we at year 3 or year 4?
3rd full calendar year. 4th holiday season.

darkknightkryta

3rd full calendar year. 4th holiday season.
So it's doing better than the original box?

Aura7541

By the end of the year, it will sell more than the original XBox.

Dr. Pezus

Lolwut

darkknightkryta

Lolwut
I couldn't remember if the Xbox One was out 4 years or not.  The original was at around 24 million sold after 4 years, which is what the Xbox One is sitting at.

Go Up